ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone running Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 (19" F30 330D)

Needing some new rubber for the F30 330D and I was all set to pull the trigger on Falken FK510's 225/40/19 fronts - 255/35/19 rears £472 delivered (£60 fitting). Then I seen Costco have a £100 discount on the Goodyear F1 5's, only difference is the fronts would have to be 235/35/19 instead of the OE spec 225/40/19. Total for the F1 5's fitted would be £457.

Anyone running the 5's?

Front tyre size difference below, cant see this being an issue...

1600933296283.png

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
had em in 18 on the skoda.

Quite soft, but not rainsport soft by any means. Didn't seem to wear at all (although only were on for 6 months ha).

Grip well in all conditions, bargain daily driver tyre.

had em in 18 on the skoda.

Quite soft, but not rainsport soft by any means. Didn't seem to wear at all (although only were on for 6 months ha).

Grip well in all conditions, bargain daily driver tyre.
Sound perfect. Rainsports would be to soft but the current runflat F1 2's are to stiff.

Get decent reviews below...

Anything would be better then these bone shaker runflats, they're fuckin horrible.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I've put them on my wife's Golf, we had PS4's on her previous car, but the goodyears were quite a bit cheaper, so opted for them instead when we changed her car.

Whilst the car isn't driven hard, I do throw it around a little when on my own in it, and I'd say the performance is very similar compared to the PS4's. The only thing I've noticed is that the Goodyears seem to be wearing much better. So win win. If choosing again I'd 100% go for the goodyears over the PS4.

clio_ross

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Another recommendation for the 5’s ; running them on my Leon FR and I certainly have no complaints. Wear rate seems to be good and grip levels are also pretty good.....even if it is only daily 😂 They ‘re definitely a marked improvement over the previous GY F1 3’s I ran on my Passat CC and pretty much on par with the old GY F1 2‘s I had on my A3.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I've put them on my wife's Golf, we had PS4's on her previous car, but the goodyears were quite a bit cheaper, so opted for them instead when we changed her car.

Whilst the car isn't driven hard, I do throw it around a little when on my own in it, and I'd say the performance is very similar compared to the PS4's. The only thing I've noticed is that the Goodyears seem to be wearing much better. So win win. If choosing again I'd 100% go for the goodyears over the PS4.

Defo. But the Goodyears are definitely softer, which isn't a bad thing on a road car

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've got them on the family barge (VW CC 3.6 V6 4 motion) and previously had the AS 3's on my impreza. I'd recommend them, they grip well in wet and dry, last well, not noisy. They are my go-to tyre for heavy AWD.

My 330d has ate its way through the F1 2 runflats 255 rears in <10k miles and 90% of that is bloody motorway. Hope these fair a bit better.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Got them on my 197. Everyone raves about PS4s, but the AS5s were quite a bit cheaper, so I went for them. Seem great so far, no complaints at all.

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
I run rf bridgestones on mine which are fitted from new, got 40k out the last set, they are a bit firm but grip really well in all conditions, tried some conti's on for a while but they ruined the drive so went back to Bridgestone, only issue is their slightly more expensive, I wouldn't fit non RF due to insurance issues should you be in an accident, I tried Michelin on my last Beemer, again just ruined the drive

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
Out of interest wont they be alot noisier than the fk? Lower profile, wider etc.
Ive run the fk510 on my 159 for a few years. They arnt bad but then i didn't really have any power to contend with.

Ran out of stock at Costco so went with the Falkens. Luckily a 20% off code on ebay came up so got them for £350.

Rang my insurance telling them im going to a non RF tyre and changing the front size slightly. All good with no admin fee.

1601127613325.png

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You like the falken :). Did you get them at 240 - 20%?.

Was looking at the f1 at 320 and then the 20%. Seem de

You like the falken :). Did you get them at 240 - 20%?.

Was looking at the f1 at 320 and then the 20%. Seem de
They were great in 225/40/18 on the Mondeo ST. IM guessed they're going to make the beemer feel a bit softer/worse turn in due to being non RF. I can deal with that though if comfort levels are increased. RF tyres really do ruin the ride quality of the car.