ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone seen these in the UK?

Iceberg 172
www.doorshox.com

I have had the 172 for a month and already it has two large dings in one rear quarter! Just sick of others carelessness affecting something I want to look after!
I shall get them pulled out and now looking for something like this in the UK?

Anyone know where to get something similar? Not the Door Defender off ebay though, I could do better myself and for a lot less than £90!

Last edited:

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Park further away is my option.

Those look f**king horrible. They're just massive in your face bumpstrips.

Iceberg 172
What, like the time I parked the 182 on it's own and walked halfway accross the car park, only to return to a Land Rover parked next to it and yes, a crease down the door!:rolleyes:

Need more than Good Luck mate!

Mini Cooper S sport
I never get door dings, because I park carefully. By that I mean I park as far away as possible from people who are likely to dent my car. I always park next to 'nice' cars, ie prestige/new models. I park MILES from the door at supermarkets, and NEVER next to people carriers or old cars.

I got loads of door dings in my 182, just from parking near the door to my local Waitrose. Had to get them all pulled out, and after that I actually thought about where I was parking.

Worst culprits are women, by a long way - especially with car seats/kids.

As above, it doesn't always work - but as I say, I don't get door dings, haven't had one for years (touch wood .. so to speak).

Iceberg 172
I never get door dings, because I park carefully. By that I mean I park as far away as possible from people who are likely to dent my car. I always park next to 'nice' cars, ie prestige/new models. I park MILES from the door at supermarkets, and NEVER next to people carriers or old cars.
Sainsbury.JPG
I used to do that with my Elise! Rare you get spaces like this nowadays in my local Waitrose, full to the brim!

Mini Cooper S sport
View attachment 74193
I used to do that with my Elise! Rare you get spaces like this nowadays in my local Waitrose, full to the brim!

Nice to see those two together! Rare you get room like that without pissing anyone off.

Those door protector things are a waste of time and money. With a bit of thought, your car generally doesn't get damaged when you park it. I do love that my car is very narrow though, I'm parking in spaces I NEVER would have parked in when I had the 370.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
My personal favorite is someone parking next to you in an empty f*cking car park!!! :mad:

I mean WTF, was your car lonely or something, did it need a friend, or did you think my car looked sad and needed some conpany?
Mindless f*cking drones can't think for them selves and have to copy what someone else has done.

I park as far away from the supermarket doors as I can so all the lazy inconsiderate f*ckers can cram thier cars
next to all the other morons and smash each others doors in.

Normally i've parked and walked into the store while thier still looking for a space closer to the door.

Last edited:
  Disastra Coupe
My mates always call me for parking miles away from the gym. Seriously, how hard is it to walk a bit further!? Rather walk a bit further than have to fork out for the dint man.

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
flol, if I saw a car with them on I'd purposely slam my door into it to see how much it could take!

Meh....Elises are fibre glass so you don't get dents like you do in metal.

Well at least my VX hasn't got door panels like my old 182 did. That was covered in tiny dents.

Black Gold Trophy
It's a good idea imo.

I park very carefully, but like someone has already said you park as far away as possible in an empty carpark and some f*cking t0sser will still park next to you with their pile of scrap / 4x4.

In the past I've sometimes had to bite the bullet and park somewhere where the car is likely to get dinged and it's those occasions that this product is designed for.
I'd worry about some tw@t trying to pull them off the car though and do more damage.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Park over 2 spaces.

I used to do and miles away from anyone else , as far away from supermarket doors etc and when i came back i found this . Not only was parked over 2 spaces i was parked on silly angle , only to find a fcukin big van parked parallel to me . I don't bother anymore . As far parking to a nice prstigious motor , i find that doesn't work either because some of the owners of these cars have that much money they don't care for their cars , they merely see them as nicer tin box than most other peoples cars and are just as inconsiderate if not more than your average driver , or so i've found over the years anyway .

As for those bump strips , they look horrendous :dead:
CARPARKING.jpg

Megane 225 F1
Parking in disabled / parent and child spaces ftw. If in doubt, the back of the car park and double parking.

PB Clio 172

I got loads of door dings in my 182, just from parking near the door to my local Waitrose. Had to get them all pulled out, and after that I actually thought about where I was parking.

Worst culprits are women, by a long way - especially with car seats/kids.

As above, it doesn't always work - but as I say, I don't get door dings, haven't had one for years (touch wood .. so to speak).

its nothing to do with how you park. How can you stop someone from hitting your car? you can't !!

I have tried all of the above and I have 6 parking dings just on one side. You can't park in a certain way. I park in a private car park at night so how can I 'park better' ? Also the spaces these days are so narrow its stupid. You will notice the older car parks are better for it but its just luck. If someone hits your car with their door there is nothing you can do.

No parking dings yet? Count yourself very lucky ! :)

Titanium 182
People who double park or park in disabled or parent bays are total nobbers, and imo, should be more at will to be 'knocked' in to!

The thing I've seen with double parking, is as soon as the two opposing cars parked next to you leave, the person who next parks next to you will do just that, park next to you! Very rarely do you see anyone that tries to stay within the lines, it would seem to be more a case of 'this fits here, that's where it's going' so it's a pointless exercise. I've also seen people get fined for improper parking! :eek:

Not only was parked over 2 spaces i was parked on silly angle , only to find a fcukin big van parked parallel to me .

LMFAO are you kidding? He's miles away from you! If anything he was probably just in a rush so slap dashingly parked it, or he was mocking you?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Those would last about 5 seconds round here. Not because people want things for their own cars, but because it's funny to destroy other people's property.

Mini Cooper S sport
its nothing to do with how you park. How can you stop someone from hitting your car? you can't !!

I have tried all of the above and I have 6 parking dings just on one side. You can't park in a certain way. I park in a private car park at night so how can I 'park better' ? Also the spaces these days are so narrow its stupid. You will notice the older car parks are better for it but its just luck. If someone hits your car with their door there is nothing you can do.

No parking dings yet? Count yourself very lucky ! :)

Just saying! And I think it has everything to do with where you park!

If you have to use a car park overnight, maybe that's where the problem is - so the product above might help.

I have a driveway, and the people at my work know I love my car so they know not to dent it!

Then when I'm anywhere else I take care where I park, as far as I can. Result = no dents.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The reason I have to take up 2 spaces is...

1. Compensating for utter retarded car owners out there and 2. The car is pretty wide.

Why would I want to take the risk because other people don't give a f**k.

PB Clio 172
Just saying! And I think it has everything to do with where you park!

If you have to use a car park overnight, maybe that's where the problem is - so the product above might help.

I have a driveway, and the people at my work know I love my car so they know not to dent it!

Then when I'm anywhere else I take care where I park, as far as I can. Result = no dents.

I take care where I park and I have dents, its pot luck and its a fact of life that people WILL hit you with their doors where ever you park.

I live right next to my car in a private car park, not using a space I pay for would just be stupid. The space is hardly wide.

I just park over two spaces as far away from the door as possible. Anyone who doesn't like it can f**k off.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
When I was at uni I worked at Halfords.
I parked my car around the side, the furthest away from anything and very rarely did anyone else park even within a 50m radius.

I came out to my car one day and some bint had been too lazy to return her trolley, so just pushed it onto the pavement.

Needless to say it rolled right into my O/S rear quarter where my petrol cap was. Paid over £100 to get it repaired and due to where it was, it wouldn't completely come out.

Nobody else notices it but it boils my p*ss every time I go to fill up!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If I see someone parked over two spaces, I will park my van so close to them that they cannot walk down the side of it, let alone open the door.
c***s.

If you don't like taking your car to a public carpark, get the bus in.