ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone seen these shocks before?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Bought my 172 Cup with these on. They stick out like a sore thumb! No big deal but anyone seen em before and know if they're the right ones for a Cup?

Attachments

• shock rear.jpg
    shock rear.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 208
  172 Cup
Is that a Lip damper? I have those on my 172 Cup. I feel my car doesn't handle as it should because of them (AND tired front dampers). Anyway, seeing your photo led me to do some research.

Looks like QH Lip are part of the Klarius Group and manufacture dampers for OE applications. The part number shown on yours (179604) comes up as the rear damper for, I guess, any model of Clio! Just type in the part number in ebay and you will see a Car Parts retailer selling the same part for all the Clio models. Oh, and they cost £23.85.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Suspected as much! The guy who owned it before me was a complete rough arse! Next job on my to do list then! Best place for cup dampers (except Renault rip off)?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
They're not that expensive IIRC. Circa 60 per side?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Nice! Lookin like next month's purchase. Road fund licence/car tax/vehicle excise duty (whatever you want to call it, I know a lot of people spit their dummy out on here over the naming!) up first @ 137.50!!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Try t21ads on here...he got mine for the 182 for under £50 collected.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Messaged him today, properly sound dude. Tax is due tomorro, then think I'm gonna give him some paypal love next month!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Messaged him today, properly sound dude. Tax is due tomorro, then think I'm gonna give him some paypal love next month!

He doesn't have Paypal. He is an ace bloke. You can call his work's number and pay him with card over the phone (Much easier!)

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
I have exactly the same rear dampers, looks like I'll be changing to OEM 182 cup ones then as I assumed these LIP ones were cheap!

Ford Mundano
I have exactly the same rear dampers, looks like I'll be changing to OEM 182 cup ones then as I assumed these LIP ones were cheap!

you'll notice the difference, those lip ones are terrible, cowboys I bought mine off had fitted those and it drove like I had a kangaroo in the boot.