ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone solved this yet

has anyone solved this poor idle and cutting out on valvers as i am now in the same boat it has seemed to be running a bit rough for a few weeks then i took it to the pod and i run times that i could do in my 1764cc and it doesnt seem to have the pull like the williams any ideas what is causing this and could it be linked with the poor idle

cheers

Could be a number of things which would need looking at.

Firstly it could be a simple injection computer fault, a coolant temp sensor fault, an air leak, MAP sensor fault or leak, ECU speed info fault (speedo cable connection), ICV fault, potentiometer fault.

I took mi ne to renault the other day - the had a CLIP so plugged er in and it came up with no problems. I went for the same reason. Cost me £30 for 15mins and they didnt find the problem!!!!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

you can buy aftermarket fault code readers for the older renaults as the fault finding communication used on the xr25s is very simple.all new renaults though can only be checked with the renault clip. sometimes with a lot of faults there arent any faults registered and it is just a sensor reading that is a bit abnormal.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

most sensor outputs can be checked with just a multimeter when you have the info.some of the more exspensive code readers do have the option of accessing sensor outputs.