ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone store their Clio and drive something else?

ST
Hmm the guys who are keeping their cars stored for winter/bad weather etc, i see the point tho when it comes to resale its maybe going to be 500-1000£ tops more than an identical car with the same mileage thats been used everyday...

I had my black 182 for two winters running, it was a pain in the arse to keep clean...where to the extent i'd wash it nearly everday to keep it mint.

Now i've realised i don't have to wash my car everday to keep it mint, all that has to be done is a full day or two once a month spent doing the bodywork, under side, engine bay, suspension/brakes, arches etc.

A basic wash once a week keeps it tip top the rest of the time.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Whilst I agree with the fact there are some cutns out there who simply dont care about driving into you or opening their door too hard, I can realte totally to this, I work in a supermarket, And can spend 10 hours+ parked in the car park.

My magazine featured clio was written off in this very car park. I know it wasn't to most peoples taste on here, But that was my pride and joy. I know some of you would have said that was the best thing to do to it, But I put alot of work into doing it up and maintaining it, To come out of work after a hard shift to find some c**t had drove into the back of it and drove off. My insurance would have repaird it, But it would have cost me more in the long run with losing my NCB and a claim @ my age etc etc, That I cut my losses and get rid of it, I bought a Metro which has 20+ parking dints in 16 months and has been "tagged" by the local graffiti artists. The clio incident was 2 years ago, And I've worked very hard, saved my money and been sensible, Kept my nose down at wor kand got promoted and I'm now in the position to buy myself something nice like a 182/S3/Golf GTI etc etc.

But I'm thinking whats the point? IT will end up gettign ruined @ work again, To be honest I could keep the metro and use that for work, But I'd hardly class an S3 as second car material.

I am honestly considering saving my money, And driving shitters for the rest of my life, But then I think why should i let other peoples attitudes dictate what I do with my money?

I think when someone keeps their car in pristine condition, It says alot about the person, Not tha they have OCD, But they are proud and respect the fact they have worked hard for their pride and joy!

Wether its a Clio 172 or a Rare JAguar E-Type, Its irrelevant, If you respect it, And like it, Why not store it? My clio was only a 99 1.2 RN underneath all the kit/Wheels/Interior/Ice, But when I owned it, It was the most important material possesion I owned, To most people, It was a chavved up monstrousity, To me, It was the best possible car for me/my budget.

On the other hand, Mucho respect to people out there with the filthy Drove like they stole it, Stone chipped and kurbed wheeled 182s, Fair play to you making the most out of whatyour car was intended to be used for. Being driven.

Clio 172 mk2
Hmm the guys who are keeping their cars stored for winter/bad weather etc, i see the point tho when it comes to resale its maybe going to be 500-1000£ tops more than an identical car with the same mileage thats been used everyday...

I had my black 182 for two winters running, it was a pain in the arse to keep clean...where to the extent i'd wash it nearly everday to keep it mint.

Now i've realised i don't have to wash my car everday to keep it mint, all that has to be done is a full day or two once a month spent doing the bodywork, under side, engine bay, suspension/brakes, arches etc.

A basic wash once a week keeps it tip top the rest of the time.

Spot on

I've accepted the fact that's it's winter and my cars going to get covered in shite and road salt etc but am not going to stress about it and start cleaning it in the dark & cold everyday when I get home from work.

Good cleaning of arches, underside etc every two weeks or so does the job

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I used to store my fiesta RS1800 and keep it mint.But then again i was into shows and all that back in the day.Nothing wrong with having a car and storing it,whatever model it is