ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone store their Clio and drive something else?

Laguna 2, Westfield
Nothing wrong in storing the car you want to keep mint, no matter what it is.. i dont care what people think and theres so many bad drivers about..
We store our mint williams 3 over the winter and then use it in the summer... If we used it every day the chances are it would have been written off by now lol in feb 07 when it snowed, my everyday laguna was written off by a crazed van driver. I was so glad i wasnt in the clio. (and i do 50 miles a day to work so its just so much better to have another car to do everything else in)
I'm half on the lookout for a mint 182 and that will be stored too when its winter, i'd rather drive round in my cheap car than ruin something i've worked hard to buy with my own money.. your not alone Rich ;) lol

Iceberg 172
We store our mint williams 3 over the winter and then use it in the summer...
:star: And to save it from the elements & salt no doubt.

I'm half on the lookout for a mint 182 and that will be stored too when its winter, i'd rather drive round in my cheap car than ruin something i've worked hard to buy with my own money.. your not alone Rich ;) lol

It's a tough one between keeping it nice and protected and actually getting out and using the thing. No point spending hard earned wedge on a garage decoration :S

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I 'store' my R26 and use a Grand Scenic as my daily drive, the R26 only has 113 miles on it so far.

I drove my Clio 172 for 3 years and 3 months now. I love it on every journey I had. We don't have 182 in HK and Pug 206GTI was v. popular. You won't see much in HK. But if I have a Civic, forget it :p

It is funny when some Asian like Euro car and European like Asian car. We always want something rare on the street. I remember it was hard to find a Japanese car in Germany, and mostly are Mazda. Mazda doesn't do good in Asia in compare with Toyota and Honda. I think the atmosphere in Asia is different with Europe.

Clio MK2 is probably the last light weight hot hatch with more than 170ps. All the new car are bigger and heavier.

I will keep driving my Clio at this moment, but want to get another family car. I think the time I sell it is when I have spare money to get a brand new car. Maybe I should not say store, I mean keep it for a long term. 306gti6 is a classic in HK which some people is hunting for a good condition standard one. I wish someday Clio will be the same too in HK. But be honest, Reno just did too bad in our market.

Maz

LY 200
Pointless having it if you dont use it/ drive it though.

Why not just worry less about its condition?

Exactly my thoughts, don't find time to use it so am struggling to justify why I do have it.

Easier said then done on the later, clearly I have OCD in that respect.

Indeed! I Can't remember the last time it came out the garage - I am seriously having thoughts of getting shot of it...

Main reason I have a daily drive is no where safe to park at work, the 306 has marks in it where the people round here have reversed into it :(

I can totally understand that as im sick of paying to have parking dings removed from mine, dont know why I bother tbh :rolleyes: another one added to the collection the other day !!

Someone understands me at last ! lol

People just have no respect for other peoples property thats the problem.

Does seem like ocd mate.

Touch wood but use mine every day, and over the summer on track, and doesnt have a single parking ding/ scratch.

Maz just cant park :rasp:

Hey I can deal with not being able to park, its better than not being able to drive :p lol

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
I love my cars and spend hours keeping them looking like new! but all this keeping it in the garage is daft! and its only a renault! my last car was a new Elise i was going to keep that and buy a cheap run around as well - but its just daft!!!! Unless you have serious amounts of money and have lots of garages! its pointless! theres nothing wrong with spending ages on looking after it but you have to use it! just my 2p worth ! :approve:

But why?

Whatever money ive got and whatever car I buy, that will be the car I use. I wont leave it in the garage costing me money while im driving around in some shed.

Be it my GTi or a £100k Ferrai. Its bought to be driven, not hidden in a garage.

Some people need a reality check IMO!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Why stores your clio in the winter! It's handbrake fun time!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
But why?

Whatever money ive got and whatever car I buy, that will be the car I use. I wont leave it in the garage costing me money while im driving around in some shed.

Be it my GTi or a £100k Ferrai. Its bought to be driven, not hidden in a garage.

I've got two Labradors, this year I've completely redone my garden using the Grand Scenic as a van to offload 50 heavy bags worth of soil, numerous garden waste, the old shed etc etc. I've also done numerous trips to places like Ikea and have fitted it all in the Scenic, the Scenic does 50mpg all day long, its extremely useful. I am however also a car nut, I've got plenty of money, so why wouldn't I have a performance car as well? All of the above I couldn't do with the Megane. The Scenic costs us approx £400 a year to tax and insure, I've probably avoided that much in skip hire/delivery charges.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
^^ Can i have some money please ^^ ;)

Seriously i know why you do it! and ive had show cars and run about and all sorts! but its a waste of money and a little lost the plot! ;)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
sometimes it just makes me laugh, the amount of people on 'Car Enthusiast' forums that have had a go at me this week over changing to the R26, I'd expect such people to appreciate the value of a car with an LSD.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
i cant moan at you garage ive seriously lost the plot im on my 3rd 182 dont ask lol :eek:

But why?

I've got two Labradors, this year I've completely redone my garden using the Grand Scenic as a van to offload 50 heavy bags worth of soil, numerous garden waste, the old shed etc etc. I've also done numerous trips to places like Ikea and have fitted it all in the Scenic, the Scenic does 50mpg all day long, its extremely useful. I am however also a car nut, I've got plenty of money, so why wouldn't I have a performance car as well? All of the above I couldn't do with the Megane. The Scenic costs us approx £400 a year to tax and insure, I've probably avoided that much in skip hire/delivery charges.

I can appreciate the garden stuff, all that sort of crap. But you said you dont take it shopping. Judging by that arse you'd get plenty in the boot, I just think its a waste having such a nice car and keeping it in the garage.

If its sole purpose is for a bit of weekend fun, why didnt you get something a bit more wild?

Maz

LY 200

I can appreciate the garden stuff, all that sort of crap. But you said you dont take it shopping. Judging by that arse you'd get plenty in the boot, I just think its a waste having such a nice car and keeping it in the garage.

If its sole purpose is for a bit of weekend fun, why didnt you get something a bit more wild?

If you could afford to do it would you ? I know I would :approve:

PMSL at a bit more wild, im guessing he bought the car HE wanted to buy becuase HE liked it and at the end of the day its him that works hard for the money to pay for it?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

easy one to answer, it doesn't get used for shopping to avoid dents, scrapes, scratches etc. The Scenic takes the hits, (literally, its just had a £1000 replacement tailgate due to some tool hitting it then driving off) I didn't buy an Elise, VX220 etc for 2 reasons, 1st of all I don't like buying second hand cars (that's not being snobby, I just have yet to meet someone who looks after their car better than I do) and 2nd of all because of the way I drive, I want something safer, the Megane is it. The Megane is also used a fast/comfortable motorway cruiser to take me to my Mum and Dad's in North Wales (London>North Wales) so an Elise type car would be neither comfortable or have the luggage space)

Last edited:
  182trophy & Williams
Nothing wrong in storing the car you want to keep mint, no matter what it is.. i dont care what people think and theres so many bad drivers about..
We store our mint williams 3 over the winter and then use it in the summer... If we used it every day the chances are it would have been written off by now lol in feb 07 when it snowed, my everyday laguna was written off by a crazed van driver. I was so glad i wasnt in the clio. (and i do 50 miles a day to work so its just so much better to have another car to do everything else in)

True dat.com :approve:

I've got 474 all tucked up in the garage. Gonna use the dynamique over the christmas period.

But why?

I agree up to a point. But say you do lots of short journeys (say <5 miles) or have to park in dent-fest car parks its much better to have a second car to save excessive wear and tear on your £100k Ferrari. Let the something you don't care about do the donkey work.

Thats why I'll keep my Clio as a runaround when my 360 Stradale arrives :D