ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone stuggling to sell their Clio Sport?

fad

Clio 182 FF
Right guys I will try to avoid plugging my own car here....but I have had it for sale for over a fortnight now and dont seem to be getting any bites other than rediculous offers under 4k for a 182 with both cup packs.

I think my adverts are ok but just stuggling?

Anyone got any ideas I have it on Pistonheads, Cliosport and on Ebay as a classifieds advert.

Heres the ebay ad

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-RENAULT-...iewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2c556ac44f

Any tips/improvements I can make to my advert? Thinking the next step is Autotrader and just selling it a a standardish 182 :eek:

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Well written advert and some nice pics of it too, price seems about right so i wouldnt go any lower unless you're desperate to get rid :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Fact of the matter is they have plummeted in value in the last 6 months or so.

Your probably best to try autotrader though since most people look there.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Just be patient, market seems a little slow at the minute. I've just sold my third 172 and it took afew weeks, the previous 2 sold in a matter of days.

Clio TCe + Corsa VXR
From a buyers point of view , mods = thrashed. Especially remaps to wretch every last bhp out of it.

Evo 8 MR
Get it on Autotrader.

I always assume cars for sale on ebay are either dodgy or in a right state.

I would never agree to buy a car before viewing it either so ebay is a no go imo.

From a buyers point of view , mods = thrashed. Especially remaps to wretch every last bhp out of it.

lol, it's a RenaultSport, they are designed to be thrashed. If someone had it as an urban dweller I would walk away.

I'm in the same boat really, good car with the only mod being the exhaust and although I live in the city, it rarely gets used there. I'll give mine a few more days on PH then it'll be on Autotrader to shift it!

fad

Clio 182 FF
Thanks for the input guys thought there must be something wrong with the advert!

Just got to hang in there I guess and see what happens will pop it on the trader next week I think, what do you guys reckon just put an advert on with the standard blurb and discount any of the modifications?

Never had a problem with any of my other cars always gone within a week which is why I was a bit dismayed by it all.

Listerine & Poledo
......what do you guys reckon just put an advert on with the standard blurb and discount any of the modifications?

You'd have to declare the mods to a purchaser at some point.

However, even if you drive like you've got Miss Daisy in the passenger seat, having all those go-faster bits will only give the impression that it's been cornered on it's door-handles and red-lined every 200 yards.

We can all appreciate that the car was built with this in mind, but it wasn't built with the kit is has on now and explaining it to some potential buyers is just likely to have them walk off.

You need someone like-minded who wants one, or a 17-yr old with daddy's insurance.

Clio 197 RB
Fact of the matter is, at the moment performance cars aren't selling!!
Me and a couple of others over on meganesport.net are struggling to sell and the only interest I have had is on here with people wanting upgrade or swap!!
Autotrader and pistonheads nothing!!!

Just blame the fat Scottish t**t and this bloody recession!! ; )

No. I ve got a Monaco 172 for sale and the phone hasn't stopped. It is a peach though.
Having sold many, many cars over the years in my opinion the only thing that will stop something selling is the price. If your getting no responce then its overpriced, simple as that.

Fiesta ST3
stick it on autotrader but to be honest, when i was looking for a clio to buy i was looking at ones that were already subltle modded, just saves you a lot of money getting them done.

your mods dont seem like boy racer ones to me, i can see how the remap might deter people away as most common folk will think its chipped to give 40bhp lol

swings and roundabouts mate, i bet if you didnt write about the remap, any potential buyers test driving it wouldn't even know it had one done.

the rest of the mods are just "upgrades" to me and not mods as such,

Personally I'd delete the line after light kerb marks about could do with a refurb. Not needed. Also I'd buy a splitter then you can remove that line and that doubt. Basically I'm a good person to ask as I'm in a situation to buy. Personally those two things stick out for me.

Fiesta ST3
i think too much info in the ad can go against you too (ive also done this in the past and didnt work well)

but too less is also bad, i.e 2 liners in a ebay ad lmfao

the ad is there to entice the buyer to call, then you sell the car to them on the phone :)

Westy. MX5
Nothing wrong with your ad mate. Performance cars are always hard to sell as the insurance and tax have gone up a bit recently. Stick with it and someone will be along to see it. Only other thing to move it is reduce the price a little each week.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sell mods, put it back to standard, advertise for £4250, accept anything over £4000, job done.

Wheels/inlets/exhaust has got to get you back circa £500 after replacing with standard bits.

White clique
Price looks too high compared with the prices these are selling at.

On ebay, when i look at the completed listings for 182 04 plates, the ones that actually sold, all are under 4k and they are as follows:

182 - 86k miles - black £2766
182 - 37k miles - silver £3850
182 - 43k miles - black £3400 (no cup packs)
182 - 94k miles - silver £2750
182 - 72k miles - black £2500 (only part S.H)
182 - 71k miles - orange £3200

All the others went unsold and they were all priced over 4k

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yes. Everytime.

Standard cars appeal to more people. As soon as you 'modify' it, you are narrowing down your target audience.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Hang in there bud, i tried selling mine on here,PH and ebay, on here i had a couple of people want straight swaps which i didnt mind but they were always to far away,PH i thought it was sold at one point but he couldnt get insurance and Ebay was a joke.

I then put it in Auto trader a couple of offers without seeing the car then the first one to see it bought it he travelled 250 miles.

Just hang in there;)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Ebay isn't the place to sell a car. For me, Ebay is last resort, desperation... Going down that route you're just appealing to people who want a bargin. If you want a decent price you'll have to stick with AT and PH.

Agree that mods can single out buyers. I sometimes think of a modded car as having a harder life than a non modded car. However, I know realisitcally this is not the full truth.

Do you still have all the standard bits? If so you may actually be able to make cash on the wheels and exhaust...

I've just traded mine in, standard MY54 Inferno 182 with both cup packs and only 47k on the clock.

I was given £3500 and this was roughly what everyone was offering.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
I looking to get another car as soon as I can get off me ass and start looking and some mods wouldnt put me of I see as it will be saving me money on doing things myself especisally suspension mods;)

well, I'll be honest... the dephaser pulley went last week. Ony got the belts done 2 months ago too :(

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yes. Everytime.

Standard cars appeal to more people. As soon as you 'modify' it, you are narrowing down your target audience.

+1

If i see a modified car i don't even look at it.

fad

Clio 182 FF
Thanks for the input guys, can't really put it back to standard as the hassle of finding standard inlets etc isnt really worth it.

I was hoping it wasnt over priced as it pretty much in line with others around the same mileage. Will put it up on Autotrader next week I think and see how I get on!

I agree with your logic Fad, but can see why the stereotype of modded cars exist unfortunately. Mine will be on Autotrader next week if it doesn't shift on here - had 47 calls in a day about a Micra I sold on there so it seems to work lol!

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
My mint liquid yellow 182 took a month to sell. I assumed it would sell in a matter of days, but no. Hang in there tho. The Market is just slow at the moment.

fad

Clio 182 FF
Quite reasuring to hear that to be honest! I'm just impatient as I want a new car lol

M2 / Golf GTI
Such a clean car! If I was after another 182 I would be ringing, good advert as well. Nice to see a good long description and good pictures. Can't believe how cheap clean nicely modded 182's are these days!

Red 197 & Laguna S-T
I advertised my boyfriends car on pistonheads and ebay for 2 weeks but had no real interest and only stupid offers. Put it on autotrader and sold it within 3 days.

The 172 we bought was up for sale for 2 weeks, we were the only people that viewed it.

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
Not what you want to hear but, I put my RB 182 for sale on here thinking it would take a while to sell as I'm not picking up my new car till September, it sold and was picked up within a week :eek:

Renaultsport Clio 172
Just don't list the mods, no one will notice them if you don't tell them, matched inlets an remap do nothing; someone that hasn't driven these cars will not notice unless they are jumping out right before from a totally standard car, as fo the exhaust, well, that is just an replacement for the OEM as those fall apart;)

The springs can be swapped with someone on here and then you will have a standard car for the general audience, and you know you are selling a car that is perfect, but if you want to recover some of the spendings the as said put it back to std, which is boring, tedious and not worh