ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone super charged a 182

BMW M3

.... just wondering cause earlier on i was approached by a guy in a shopping centre car park asking if i wanted to buy one for my 182 which got me thinking..... He said you would get an extra 60 bhp and be in V6 teritiory. Is this true, surely it cant be that easy without any serious drawbacks.... ( i am not hugely machanically minded so not sure..)

Never heard of a supercharged 182 thats all....

He said he worked for west coach works or something like that if that rings any bells...

Dont think i would get it supercharged... just really interested to see if anyone has...

Justin

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

First off 182s are quicker than V6s already ;) There is one major drawback that i can think off..really shocking fuel consumption! my bros MCS makes 18mpg if hes lucky

MCS!!! tell him hes a big queer, id disown him Gary. Superchargers whine like f**k they also sap power all the time, personally id rather have ITBs or a turbo.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Quote: Originally posted by Justin182 on 03 August 2005
.... just wondering cause earlier on i was approached by a guy in a shopping centre car park asking if i wanted to buy one for my 182 which got me thinking..... He said you would get an extra 60 bhp and be in V6 teritiory. Is this true, surely it cant be that easy without any serious drawbacks.... ( i am not hugely machanically minded so not sure..)

Errrmmm!

Theres always a way. Thats not to say its easy tho! TBs are tried and tested and cheaper.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

haha, i know loony...although its not all bad- dark grey with black roof, tints, IK, reduced size pulley and re map sees 201bhp!! more than mine and at a third of the cost :-( lol. However mines quicker :D

And its got more boot space even before the seats were out and it doesnt have a fisher price interior, need i go on. lol

Hate randoms that come up and tell you what to do with your car when they generally know jack sh*t.

I was parked up and this total chav said in a an almost un-Interpretable voice.

"Hey whats the engine in that.. a 1-4?" i nodded. He then shouted "Aye get twin 40s on it".

For a start i dont think i could afford them and from what ive allready seen webber dont make them for the 1.4 clio only the 16v.

superchargers dont whine, only old sh*t design ones. the peeps thats heard my car go will tell u. sounds cool, and loud, thats all.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

182 quicker than a v6? i dont know of any 182s that will do 160mph

[Edited by matty w on 03 August 2005 at 10:20pm]

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by craigs182 on 03 August 2005
the 182 is no were near as quick as a mk2 v6 maybe on same par as mk1.....

Tell that to all the ones I passed at Oulton Park. :D

Cooper S

Supercharger is instantaneous power rather than Turbo that comes in certain points-Though saying that the New MINI Cooper Ss will be turbo end of next year. ;)

golf r32 dsg

your havin a laff mate, cornering maybe it will gain a little but the v has 2 much power on a strait and will pull away....

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by craigs182 on 03 August 2005
your havin a laff mate, cornering maybe it will gain a little but the v has 2 much power on a strait and will pull away....

Have you been to any of the track days Ive done this year?

I think you would be surprised at how close it is. For a V6 to be quicker than a 182 it requires a much better driver in the V. They arent so easy to drive quickly.

golf r32 dsg

they must have all been w**k drivers??? lol.... what about in a strait line mate and from standing? and on normal roads??

Cooper S

PMSL-This is a simlar debat I read about Cooper S drivers and just normal Cooper drivers-At the end of the day-If you have a mailto:W@nk">W@nk driver in a V6 on corners a 182 will come close put pull away on straights!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by matty w on 03 August 2005

quicker of faster? There is a difference........

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 03 August 2005
Quote: Originally posted by craigs182 on 03 August 2005your havin a laff mate, cornering maybe it will gain a little but the v has 2 much power on a strait and will pull away....

Have you been to any of the track days Ive done this year?

I think you would be surprised at how close it is. For a V6 to be quicker than a 182 it requires a much better driver in the V. They arent so easy to drive quickly.

Lee has never spoken such a true a word! A 182 is easy to drive fast around a track with full committment into each corner, do the same in a V6 and you wont come out the other end of the corner, you have to be much more gentle and know what you are doing so it takes a better driver to drive them fast.

Thanks for quoting me Gary. But yours is no ORDINARY 182 is Gary?? The video that Mike sent me that shows me passing the pit wall at Oulton also shows 3 182s pursuing me and I looked noticeably quicker than them. If you hit the power band right, the V6 will do a 182 in a straight line, its the twisties where it tends to go wrong.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Haha, hello mate :D tbh i thought your statement was rather generous! I would swap mine for yours quicker than you could say jet ;-) Best colour and v cool plate. You doing anymore of the Rsport trackdays?

Ill probably do the one at Cadwell Park. I was thinking to do the next Brands Hatch day, but living in Manchester, its a long way to travel for a 2.5 hour track event. Still amused that I was the loudest sod there.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 04 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by matty w on 03 August 2005

quicker of faster? There is a difference........
That dont even make sense

I have a supercharged CTR, cant hear it whine when driving but people outside can here it whining.

Costs more than £1300 though, double that plus tuning costs and a proper uprated ecu so closer to £3500 all in.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

What engine management are you running mate? Did you go for the Jackson Racing kit or something else?

Welcome btw. Checking out the competition are we? ;-) lol

lol, thanks mate!:D

Yeah using the Jackson @ 9 psi + hondata K PRo ecu.

Only other option for the Civic is the AEM or Motec which both are quite costly.

Nearly bought a 172 when i was looking at the CTR, also nearly tempted away by a V6 255 18 months ago but decided to keep the CTR and charge it!:devilish:

BMW M3

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 04 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 03 August 2005

supercharged type R £1.3k 60bhp...Yes thankyou!!
Hypertech CTR.

Justin, if youre serious about this, I know the man who can... and will.

Hi Mike,

Dont think i would want a supercharger mainly due to limited funds and reliability & warranty etc...

Plus: feel the 182 is powerful enough and dont really do track days.

Everyone would obviously like more power but i would prob buy a more powerfull car then increase my 182 performance.

Oh... and if i am being sensible for a minute, still pretty young only being 20 so will wait till i have more driving experience and money for insurance before i go into serious performance car territory.... boring!!!!:)

Thanks Mike.

See you around,

Jus