ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone tried Carbotech XP10s?

I've had these recommended by a few folk who use them, but no one with a clio. I currently run CL RC5+ and theyre fading so I was going to go for RC6E.

Any first hand exerience on a clio? Mine is standard engine and box, coilovers, cage, whiteline roll bar and polybushes/spherical joints.

Cheers

Avoid RC6, don't last and wreck paint work, two track days out of mine, never again! XP10s are great pads but again, unbelievably dusty, I had XP8s and ditched them for carbotech Bobcats on my Evo, great fast road pads and not dusty at all, not tried them on track.

Cheers @MarkX
Ive had 4 2hr days and 2 4 hour days and 3000 road miles out of a set of RC5+ which were on the car when I bought it, beggars belief the RC6 is that much worse!
Not hugely fussed about the dust, its track only now and the wheels are tatty anyway, just want something which works reliably.
Bobcats are an OEM equivalent pad, unlikely to be up to the job tbh!

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Can't offer advice on the carbotech pads, but I'm very surprised you're getting fade from the RC5+ (assuming it's at knockhill?)

I ran them all last year and never once had any issues, even doing very long stints on track pushing hard.

@sburrell93 it's only recently, so may be due to the pads wearing a little thin, but they just go hard and wooden and dont stop, I nearly rear ended a car at the hairpin last time out. It may well be that some new ones the same would be fine again!

turbo 182
They get very good reviews over on the mlr forum never tried them my self tho, ds1.11 are the best pads I've used to date

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
I've got them on my Megane and there absolutely brilliant they do squeal quite a lot if you haven't given them abit of a beasting for a while 100% recommend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 197,with megan'
On my R26, i have used DS2500,XP8, and DS1.11.These days i only use the DS1.11. a bit of squeal,lots of muck on the wheels, but solid/instant stopping power, no fade.i do experience some glazing,but easily removed.

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
have used both XP8 and XP10 on both my clio and Evo and cant fault them at all! Ian at carbotech is very helpful

XP8 will do more than enough on a standard power clio

We've just fitted XP10's to the Clio RS200 replacing the Pagid RS29's. First test will be Donington on Monday. I'll let you know what we think.

Well only good things to report so far
Pads bedded on the road as per the manufacturers instructions
Seem to have decent cold bite, good pedal feel, no fade
Will have a look tonight at the disc and pad surface to make sure all is well

Cayman S, RB 182
I used to have xp10s on my evo, they were very impressive especially with the heavier car and 430bhp. Sticking with ds1.11 on the clio though