ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone tried these tyres?

Ph1 172, E36 328
Looking to get a new set of 195/50/15 tyres and was wondering if anyone has tried one of these 2 make of tyre. Looking at "Michelin Pilot Sport 3" and "Bridgestone RE002". I am thinking of going for Yokohama Parada Spec2 as I've had them before, although brilliant in the DRY, they're not the best in the WET and want a tyre that offers a bit of both. Toyo T1-R I don't like so please don't recommend them. So anyway... If anyone has used the 2 tyres above in ONLY the size I'm after then can you let me know what you think of them. Or any others tyre brands you could recommend.

Ph1 172, E36 328
IIRC the Syron Street Race's are getting really good reviews. There's a thread on here.
Yeah I've read it, just worried they'll perform like the Paradas. They also do a tyre "Race 1" which have got a good review on tyrereviews.co.uk

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
PS3/PE2 for me aswel, great in the wet which is handy in this country...

Tried the RE002 on a couple of cars, one an EP3 CTR and wasn't that bothered about them

Have a gander through the tyre poll at top of this section, plenty of feedback of all sorts of tyres in there

Can you still get PE2's? I thought they were phased out and replaced with PS3's...
for now yes. Though you are right they are being replaced with PS3, there was a commitment to supply PE2s for completion use still though, which is what these were supplied for.

Tyre bookers do ps3 tyres for £100 v speed rating ( for 182 size ) , that's the cheapest I found ! I choose goodyears eagle f1 asymetric 2s ahead of them though

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
195/50/15 Nankang NS2-R.

Epic epic tyres, cannot wait to get them on my Astra now they've released them in my size.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
just gone for turanza t001 due to doing high mileage otherwise would of went for the potenza re002.

the re002 to pe3 was £80 a set difference so made the bridgestones better value for money for me.

You'll struggle to find pe2's now.

eBay is the cheapest for ps3's which is what Vikki just had fitted. Must say I'm very impressed with the wet weather grip.

I posted a link to a source of pe2s for £125 delivered. Just receives my set!

BMW M135I
Just fitted some ps3 in same size to my car.....only been out in wet with them and they are brilliant. Probably best tyre ive used in wet and ive had hankook evo 12 which were very good aswell (16s though).

Tyre Universe was cheapest place I could find cheaper by about 25p but get free delivery over 2.99 a tyre with camskill