ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone tried this? (oil leak)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
cant find it

engine bay is covered in oil

ran the car for 30 mins so it was proper hot, revved the engine. had my head under it and around it with a torch and nothing. no oil coming from anywhere

ourboy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
get the engine cleaned then when it starts to leak again you have somewhere to start

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
To be honest using that engine spunk is just ignoring a problem & possibly a bigger issue.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
is it a possibility that when a car is in motion and the oil is moving around it could be coming out somewhere, where when the car is stand still it doesnt come out as the oil isnt going to the right spot (the leak)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
already done that, that was the first thing i did before trying to find it this morning

BG182ff,explod Focus
cant find it

engine bay is covered in oil

ran the car for 30 mins so it was proper hot, revved the engine. had my head under it and around it with a torch and nothing. no oil coming from anywhere

Front/rear of the engine?

Overfilled the oil?

Camshaft cover gasket/bolts?

Has the crankcase breather pipe come off the plenum chamber?

Has the upper inlet been off and refitted incorrectly?

Oil filter loose/leaking?

Really good clean so its spotless, dry it off and apply talc.
Go for drive and then look for where the oil has stained the talc.