ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone used a 172 Sportex exhaust ?

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Screenshot_20200108-223029.png

As titled, I fancy a change from my ktec stealth system. Has anyone got any opinions in these systems? Very cheap but I'd like to know what they sound like. I do trackdays so it can't be too loud. Also I can't find the bore of the system if anyone knows it?

Any help appreciated

Rich

monaco 172
Ktec stealths are stainless steel 2.5" aren't they? Mine was anyway. I would say that for 200 quid the sportex will be terrible compared the the ktec .

Is your ktec on its last legs or something?

If not and you just fancy a change in looks then just weld a stainless pipe onto the back of the ktec and fit it recessed into the bumper.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I can’t help with a Clio but I had a Sportex on my Saxo back in the day, it went crusty after about a year but the sound was OK.

Clio 172 Cup
I looked at so many options mate when replacing my exhaust but ended up getting a ktec stealth resonated with a ktec sports cat and I am happy with the system and sounds just right. Not sure if this set up contributed to the power figures but overall the car made good power when mapped

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Aluminised steel construction so its going to rust if you plan on keeping a while.

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I bought a straight tip for my stealth, was only about 15 quid. There's a thread on here somewhere, loads of people have done it

Decided to go down this route Instead now. What tip did you use and did you weld/clamp it on?

monaco 172
Welded.

I got it off eBay, was about 12 quid, I've still got one you can have if you cover postage? Pm me your email address I'll send you a pic

Attachments

• 20200114_213537.jpg
    20200114_213537.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 116