ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone who has changed their cambelt themselves

Did you bother to lock the engine in TDC with the rod in the special hole. i cant find this hole, all engines are supposed to have it, but i think im just goona do it without.
other cars dont have it, i changed a corsa one easily enough without the need to lock it in place.
if u did use it where is it? what size diameter is the hole?
gonna start it tommorow hopefully. got my punchbag ready to kick the sh*t out of (looks hard to do)
cheers

Hey, ive done 2 belts on clio valvers and theyre pretty straight forward. Ive never locked anything in place either, i just made sure piston number 1 was at TDC and then slotted the belt over the pulleys, making sure the marks on the cam pulleys linged up with the rocker cover marks! probs need a friend to hold the cam pulleys in position while youre puttin on the belt. Then just turn the engine over a few times by hand, making sure all the marks line up correctly again.