ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone who is bored of their 1*2...

Black Gold Trophy
If you are bored of your clio sport and thinking of selling and getting something else, here is a better solution that is (in most cases) a lot cheaper!

Rent a Ford Transit for the day!

Seriously! I know it sounds insane, but today I had to rent one to move some furniture about.

It cost me about £40 as I'm only 22, but it was a worthwhile experience on its own as when I got back into my 182 about 20 minutes ago it felt like it was the most amazing car ever!

After slugging around in a diesel that feels gutless (even downhill lol) the clio felt like it was jet propelled, the gearbox felt like it had been engineered to aerospace grade (never thought Id say that about a renault! lol) and the handling just felt superb.

So in summary...

Before you go out and spend £300 odd on a ITG maxogen to put the novelty back into your clio, spend £40 or less driving a sh*te vehicle and you will be overjoyed with the performance of your clio sport! ;)

DCi 100
Funny stuff.. honestly.

Why not walk everywhere for a day... save £40, and get back in the clio?

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
Having your drivers licence revoked is a good solution aswell
When i get mine back on monday i just know the 172 is again going to feel as fast as when i first bought it.

Think i'll opt for the Ford transit route though PMSL

Clio 172 mk2
Was bored of the 172 a long time ago....not going to rent a van though, I think I'll just sell it instead

Black 197
I drive a van most days, it does make the clio feel quick... oh and i also have a maxogen ;)

Try driving a bus ! My 197 feels like a missile when i go home.. Plus my handling is slightly better than the 15 ton pile of poo i drive for 8 hours ;)

R27, Deep Black
Haha! Man i drive a Berlingo all day long for about 300 miles a day then jump into my 1.2 Campus sport and that thing feels like a rocket and well built and its only a shitty 1.2 :S

SchwepTek™
LOL. Im rentin a ford transit for moving next week! Costing me £60 tho! lol

Maybe my car will seem quick again after!

Black 172
I'm a BT engineer (was, as of yesterday) and always drive them crappy slow vans, makes me enjoy the clio even more like you said :D

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
Try driving a bus ! My 197 feels like a missile when i go home.. Plus my handling is slightly better than the 15 ton pile of poo i drive for 8 hours ;)

I actually find some buses are really fun to drive.... does that make me sad? Maybe its because its not my job anymore. Volvo B7 chassis's are awesome and you can throw them around a fair bit.
:cool:

Last edited: