ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone with 172 Sat nav

Hi

Just wondering does anyone on here have the manufacturers fitted sat nav in a 172?

Thinking about getting it, pics would be nice!! cheers :D

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Sold on to a guy today with sat nav !!

Hes well chuffed with it !! Looks nice and tidy and works well !!

Yeah Im here now :)

Ill just go and see what piccies Ive got online and post them up here for you.

I think its second to none, I got a different CD to the one supplied and now I get Traffic messages through TMC and it will even give you alternative routes to get round problems on the planned route (eg. crashes, holdups etc)

-j.

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I like that!!

Cheers for the pic roamer. Sorry if im being rude but how much was it fitted? Isnt it something like 1k?

Mucho gratias ;)

is this an actual renault factory option? i guess itd have to be to fit this well. im down in Australia, hmm...wonder if my dealer can get hold of one of these. do you have anymore info about part no.s and the like?

Synergy - yup its a renault factory option as far as I know, your dealer should be able to look up part numbers etc for you, but Im not sure how much work it would be to fit, there is the screen/keyboard module that has to go in the dash, a unit in the boot with the cd drive for it and the different antenna (Instead of the usual round antenna bottom it has a chunky gps antenna moulded in to the front of it - Ill try and get a piccy of the bits over the weekend if any one is interested)

Wow, thats an expensive map. Looks very cool though. Looking to order a 172 in the next few weeks and it would be nice but I can find my way to anywhere so easily, it would need to be very special - like play DVDs as well???

Well, for it you can get a TV module (TV5000 or something, its VDO dayton kit really) and that then gives you inputs, so then you just slam a PS2 under the passenger seat and relocate your changer to the boot and job done, but the TV module costs around 500 notes :(

Its not just its mapping potential, but the fact that it listens out for traffic reports and can take you on diversionary routes to get you round with the minimum of fuss, great when youre driving a bit of the country you dont know (Or even when youre abroad!)

No, no subs at all, but you do have to buy updated map cds every now and again so that you have all the new roads/estates etc, the cd that came with it didnt have telford_mikes place, bought a new cd and bang, it was there :D

Hello all!

New to this site, only found it a couple of days ago, bloody brilliant though! Picked up my 172 about a month ago, had sat nav fitted and it is an excellent toy, and its actually useful sometimes as well! Roamer if you dont mind me asking were did you get your different cd from? Cant get that TMC thing work at the moment.

Sorry I havent got any pics, but display is clear and the map is very accurate. If you can afford the option do it, and push the dealer to give you at least 10% of the option price, its their staff discount or something so just push until you get it.