ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone with a Mk 2 black 172

R5 Gordini Turbo

I have just notices that on the top edge of the drivers side door the paint is bubbling up. Has anyone else noticed this?

Depends what you mean by bubbling up.

I had this problem when i picked my car up (black mk 172). The dealer told me that it is dirt in the paint and not rust.

I found it all over the car, on the insides of door frames etc. My mate at work got his wife a black 1.2 clio and his had the same problems.

I was a bit cheesed off, but when my Dad was buying his new car, I was explaining the problems I had had with reno to the manager at the ford garage, and he told me that his son was picking up a black clio in a couple of weeks time. The manager asked me to show him where his son should look for this problem and led me to a fiesta to point out the problem areas. I opened up the fiestas door, and lo and behold, the fiesta had the same problem.

On the up-side, my dealer gave me a £500 credit as a good will gesture :)

So its not just clios and its not rust... well, not in my case anyway.

Face

Ps I did post about this months and months ago, under a topic called something like "girlracer.... have you got any nipples", and this will probably give you more details.