ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone work in Broadband?

A red missile
I've been getting intermittent disconnections on my second broadband line, im with Plusnet and have raised the issue. They're telling they've done tests and come back with the following...

DSL Fault identified. Bearer fault (HR joint)/RF2, possible CPE or Line card.

Anyone have any idea at all what that means? It's way over my head??

Polo (not quite a Clio)
Evening,

This fault can be triggered when the diagnostics reports that there is line attenuation/noise greater than 60 dB (although this is not always true). First thing I would check is your filters, if you have spares - replace 1 filter at a time and see if the issue improves. Also inspect all of your ADSL/telephone cabling for damage - including the cabling itself and the connectors.

Can I ask if your broadband service is bonded - so you have a managed router with 2 lines coming into it, or just 2 separate broadband lines with separate broadband routers?

All the best,
Ryan

A red missile
Hiya Ryan, tried all the filters and going direct form the master socket, didn't make any difference. Our 2 connections are completely separate and on different lines.

Plusnet have raised it with BT so i'll see what they come up with.