ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anything to worry about?

Clio 172 Phase 1
Basically when I start my car from cold, obviously I drive very steady, when I rev to say 2.5k and let off the pedal to slow down, my exhaust pops like a b**ch, just one loud pop. It does this every time I let off the pedal until the cars warmed up a bit and it stops.

I'm pretty clueless, could this just be the car burning excess fuel on first start up or could it be some underlying issue?

Sorry if this is me being thick haha

Cheers :approve:

SG9 Forester STi
I get the exact same thing. Feels like it doesn't want to go over 2k for me and sounds a bit pants but pops like a gooden. As soon as it warms up it stops, no idea why though.

rb 182 cup
Mine has a decat and thought it was just from that. Its pops and bangs when cold but nothing when warm. Sounds good but also nice to know its normal-ish!

S4 Avant
I get it as well. Just draws that little bit more attention to me, when driving home from work, after having a shitty day.

Clio 172 Phase 1
Well that's good to hear :) Quite funny really, scares the oldies down my road, free pops and bangs remap ftw ;) lol..

Clio 172 "Ruby"
i get the same too its normal dont worry about it. its just the auto choke when its on cold start

cup 182 cup
mines only started doing it after my diagnostic light has re-appeared. This is due to my de-cat and is the lambda censor showing up again. Cant be bothered turning it off again lol