ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anywhere to get cheaper paint than halfords?

clio mk 2 5 door
im going to be doing some colour coding for a few bits on the car. ive done my sidestrips with paint i got them to make up at halfords but it was a stupid price for a small can. just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere or websites that are cheaper and can get nautical blue (D48)
cheers :)

172 + 1.2
Simoniz is the 2nd worst paint ive ever used, only Hammerite spray beats it in the s**t league!!

I get my paint from a local bodyshop supplies, its £12 for a spray tin but worth it for good quality paint and a decent nozzle on the can! As said above some motor factors can mix up paint, halfords primers and lacquers are usually not too bad for the money, but agree the colours are crap

172 + 1.2
Took about 4 times as many coats to cover evenly i found, maybe just cos i wasn't used to it but i'll not be using it again anyway!

clio mk 2 5 door
yea i wouldnt mind buying the halfords stuff if it was good but its just not. evan though i got them to make the colour to a cc it was not an exact match and took about 5 coats to get it looking nice. and the spray nozzle is shite

Ive used it all over my car, painted the boot lid ( I failed miserably on that) My sideskirts (less windy day they would have been perfect) and my boot spoiler (looks decent I didn't prep too well and rushed it)

clio mk 2 5 door
alright mate. yea im doing spoiler and door handles. getting the bump strips done professionally i reckon.

To be fair you'll never get a finish like a pro with a rattle can but its good just to get a part the body colour and on the car :) I have a friend who sprays mine now :D

Ive found making the part warm (with a radiator if its small) or with a hairdryer if its big helps the paint "thin" and put an even coat down.

clio mk 2 5 door
yea when i did my side strips it was freezing (back in january) and its never looked great. i did them again last week in the heat and it looks miles better. got a quote for front and back bump strips at £100 so just gonna go for it i think

Sounds decent, about the going rate.

Luckily my friend says I pay for supplies and he will do it for free so far i've had,

Front bumper, wings, sideskirts and rear bumper painted for £110. Apparently I still have enough paint to do my bonnet, door, rear quarter and possibly colour code the side strips, handles and wing mirrors

but we shall see