ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AP-22

Has anyone got an AC-22, if so,is it any good? I seen it in a catalogue called potn out of redline.it tells you your 0-60 and bhp at the wheels,how does that work??

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

i had one. once setup correctly can be very good! but i got bored after 2 days and sold it! rhys now owns it. ap22

I had one - took weeks to get the set up correct - got myself some times - got bored and sold it;)

Try and get a 2nd hand one. Its only accurate if used on a totally flat road, with no bumps as it works by sensing accelerative and braking g-forces. Bumps and changes in incline WILL throw it out. It also takes a fair bit of calibrating if you want good results.

Having said that, I tried mine at York Dragway a couple of times and it was accurate within 0.1 seconds over a 1/4 mile.

So get one if you have a decent amount of flat roads around you. If not, itll be a waste of money.

Keep an eye on ebay for a AP22 - if your going to mod your car its well worth it as you can get an idea of whether the mods are working. I sold mine as my modding fund went bust:(

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 09 September 2003

rhys nice 1/4 mile time mate. u goin to york or pod this sunday?
I would go to York, but theres no point thrashing the car to get 0.001 seconds off the time. Sorting a de-cat out but wont be ready for Sunday. Will try again once its fitted, but with interior in. Reckon I can scrape a 14.8.