ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apex and other suspension choices

Suspension time, I did a search on BBs APEX stuff but didnt find anything usefull. Anybody got this fitted, any use. Whats the consensus view on Valver springing and damping, what the best way to go. I am looking for either no drop or something small (30mm), but defo a bit stiffer and more controlled damping. Should I go for something like the APEx or SPAX or should I not be so tight fisted and go for coilovers, likewise which of these is best i.e. LEDA, GAZ etc, any advice/opinions appreciated

Coilovers, AVO have had some good reports from people who have them - Ive been in a Valver with them, and they really are very very nice.

As for Suspension Kits, Avo do a kit which is quite good I think (few people have that)..

It depends if you want adjustables or not aswell I guess? Id definetly say Avo Coilovers, tho..

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

After much research plumped for FK Automotive as they are TUV approved i.e. actually tested on car. They are starting to be sold by loads of places and are made in germany and apparently use Koni internals. I was also told they have a lifetime guarantee which cant be bad.

Plumped for coilovers at 480 quid and got them fitted FOC. They also have camber adjustment on them and you get a can of spray to keep them nice. The adjustment nuts dont round off like some. At least I can adjust the height (if ever needed) at front by plumping for coilovers and they are the best mod I have done other than chip for driving pleasure.

Skoda Fabia vRS

if your not after much of a drop then you might struggle to find kits, as far as springs go though you could use Eibach........or you could obviously go with Coilovers, depends how far your budget will stretch...

if you dont wanna spend too much you could get Eibach springs and shortened dampers, or simply gas replacements like BOGE