ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apex or eibach springs?

Clio 182
Toying between getting the apex springs or the eibach ones...

Heard good reviews about the eibach ones but seem to sit a little high on the front imo so swayed towards the 40mm apex ones.

Can any owners of each give me a quick review of what they are like from standard suspension e.g. better handling, stiffer etc.

Cheers

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i had apex springs in my 1.2

didn't notice the terrible ride quality that everyone who has never owned a set go on about ;)

much better drop than eibach imo,
poss not as good handling

b/g 182, meg tourer
i have had apex and eibach sportlines.
-the apex gave a better looking drop but not very good handling/ride quality
-the sportlines gave an ok drop (about 15mm less than the apex) but the handling was much better, ride was a little crashy but not half as bad as the apex.

coiled 'berg
Much more drop on the apex IMO, eibach were a better quality ride.
I think people put the apex down too much on here! Not much of a difference really, just a firmer ride (bring on the apex haterz)
why not consider the cheaper of the coilover choices?
I've had standard, eibach then apex, now coils!
Coilovers ftw!
(just a note, the eibach hardly give any drop on the rear)
a good combo IMO would be eibach fronts and apex rears :S

Clio 182
I think i'll go for Eibach for the extra £30 then... I'd love ktec coils in the long run.

Any images of 182s on eibachs?

CLIO 172 2003
Ive got apex inmine, they were in it when i got it, they make my teeth hurt and my gf refuses to get in the car...:dapprove:

Clio 172 Cup
Apex springs and shocks, ktec mounts, powerflex bushes, Ktec stealth system. Wonder why my lady doesn't like being in my car never mind driving it lol

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I snapped a rear Eibach pro line spring on mine. trying to find a good alternative.?

Any ideas..?

Insignia SRi
I have Apex's and they are a very harsh ride but mines not a daily driver so not that big of a deal for me, just watch out for holes in the road or you will be needing new shocks very soon!

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Not tried the Apex, but can't fault the sportlines. Still a v.comfy ride for road use compared to the std 172 spring setup.

Will be seeing how they fair at oulton next week, but imagine my soft dampers won't help them out much there.