ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apex Sport Kit.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I am about to have a major moan about Apex, so all those who don't want to know about it, change threads NOW!

My Hubby ordered an Apex Sport Kit for his 2ltr 16V Megane Coupe in July of this year. (at a cost of £270.00) He ordered it Via A1 Motor Stores, who are incredibly helpful and have sold us many bits and pieces for our cars.

At first Apex informed us via A1 that they had a slight problem but the kit should not take too long to arrive. Yeah right! Each month since we have enquired via A1 as to what was happening with the kit. A1 rang them directly whilst we were standing there only to be given endless excuses. We were told that they were having trouble getting a shock, then we were told a few weeks later they were having problem getting a spring. Each week there has been a different excuse. We know and understand that some things can take time, but this whole saga has been ridiculous! We have no arguement with A1 as they have been extremely helpful and friendly throughout the whole thing.

Hubby spoke to A1 lat week and was told that Apex had said the kit was ready but there was going to be a delay with delivery. This time no excuses at to what the delay was, just that there was going to be a delay. By this time both my Hubby and I were almost spitting blood!

This morning however, a miracle happened. A1 rang my Hubby and said the kit had arrived. My Hubby nearly dropped the phone with shock. They asked him to go over there as soon as possible to make sure the darn kit was complete and it good order. It appears at this stage everything is how it should be. I guess the proof will be in the fitting. This will be done by professionals so if anything goes wrong with either the kit or the fitting Hubby will have a comeback.

The bit that has really got us is that it has taken Apex 5 months to get this kit out to my Hubby. I think that is totally outrageous and I am seriously considering sending them a rather snotty e-mail. The rest of his car has been ready for ages, its just been waiting for it's new suspension. I think I will e-mail them and really let them have it!

Ok rant is over, for now.

What do you guys think about this?

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
What, no thoughts at all?? Surely you guys would not be too impressed if this happened to you. Would you? I am a pretty patient person and my Hubby has the patience of a saint, but surely this is pushing it quite abit. Isnt it?

Chocolate Bar™
depends if they're already in stock at the supplier.

to be honest, it seems that most companies cant be arsed with customer service anymore so it really doesnt come as a shock to me.

if it was me i was have scrapped it after 4 weeks and ordered some suspension off a company that wanted my money. if it means more than so be it :)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
depends if they're already in stock at the supplier.

to be honest, it seems that most companies cant be arsed with customer service anymore so it really doesnt come as a shock to me.

if it was me i was have scrapped it after 4 weeks and ordered some suspension off a company that wanted my money. if it means more than so be it :)

Well thats where we have a problem as there are only limited kits that will actually fit the 2ltr 16V Megane. Hubby wanted Eibachs like I have, but they dont do a kit for his car, so he had to get what he could. I really hope it will be ok as I dont think Hubby would fancy waiting months for a replacement. (Goes in on monday to get it fitted).

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
weird that i ordered 2 new apex front shocks because 2 failed on me and i got them the net day

Sounds like you were lucky you got them so quick, but then again it doesnt sound too good having two fail on you either. I dont think I like those odds much. :S ~Keeps fingers crossed for Hubbys kit~