ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apex Springs - Sagging?

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Has anyone had this?

Aparently my car is looking lower, and when investigated it looks like my apex Springs are sagging.. maybe the harsh roads i drive everyday are starting to take their tole?

I think there still under a year old though - has anyone else had any problems?

Now im in a dilema.. do i:
Buy new Apex Springs
Go all out and buy coilys (though im thinking of getting rid of the car, should i splash out if im going to sell?
Or get some other springs that wont lower it as much, but give a better ride

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
I don't know about springs but you can't sell the car, its beautiful

Thankyou.. :eek: i think im driving everyone made at the moment with the 'should i/shouldnt i' as i do love the car..

And.. if i love her that much, and i CAN see myself with it for another year - i think i should just spunk the money on coilys and enjoy it

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
If your gonna keep it get coilys, if your gonna sell it but dont want to with wrecked springs get some eibachs!

Apex do seem to sag quite badly

I'm not convinced of the drop claims with the sportlines.

Pictures of fUbAr's shed seem to support that feeling.

The apex are just perfect but not as good in the handling stakes.

Coilovers for me I think...

M2 Competition
Surely due to apex springs being so hard on clio's compared to standard, your dampers would wear quicker?

Maybe its this thats caused the drop in ride height?

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Car has been looked over by Renault and they didnt say there was anything wrong with the dampers.

Having the lowerball joints/arms replaced under warrenty... apart from that all is well

Day: not too fussed about the ride height, i dont want it sitting at standard but i dont want it as low as the apex, yes the car looks fantastic.. which is great when its sitting in the car park, but i wana enjoy the ride too, it squats and is fantastic in the corners, but the harsh roads i drive to work everyday are knocking me to s**t hehe