ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple Airport

133/225/CLS AMG
Ok so I'm looking at replacing my home router and was considering the Apple models.

Are they any good? Do they offer any additional features over a normal router to Apple users. We have quite a few apple devices that would be connecting to it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Wouldn't bother. The latest one looks cool, but unless you have AC devices there is little point in spending the cash.

A decent dual band router will do the same/better job for less.

133/225/CLS AMG
Thanks for the info mate, by the way what is AC?

I'm using an iMac connected by ethernet cable to my current router, then access the wi-fi via iPad/Macbook but my main thought was streaming to the Apple TV and if it had any advantages.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Thanks for the info mate, by the way what is AC?

I'm using an iMac connected by ethernet cable to my current router, then access the wi-fi via iPad/Macbook but my main thought was streaming to the Apple TV and if it had any advantages.

The ATV can do 5ghz but that's about it, decent dual band router is the way to go. BT sent me the new home hub, made a big difference.

133/225/CLS AMG
Thanks Tom, I'm with BT but haven't had a router upgrade since I got the service.

Do you have to buy it from them?