ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple LED Cinema Display

DB.

BMW 440i
Anyone on here use on of these?

Comes up at £550 for a 24" with Education pricing.

Opinions? :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm ordering one soon I think. Depends how much I can see myself working at home on my MBP.

£500 ish through our business account.

They look awesome though, crystal clear.

DB.

BMW 440i
Sounds good, most of the time using my Macbook Im at Home/Uni, so wouldnt mind having the bigger screen, and I want to spend some money and cant justify £115 on a splitter which i will crack off and im enjoying the car as it is.

Ill have to go into Apple when im back in Birmingham and have a look! :)

Z4
Are these that good? I've currently got a samsung monitor linked to my mini and it's good...but lacks that apple badge!

Monaro VXR
Thing is when you really get down to it they are just an LG LED monitor in an apple case. for half the money again. Is it really worth spending that extra in this case for purely an Apple badge?

I like my macs but not sure their displays are worth the money. They have some really annoying issues as well. Cables are far too short on the monitor for instance. The lack of other inputs is also annoying.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Most LED displays use LG or Samsung panels. Nothing new there. Apple's construction and design make it worth the money though. To me anyway.

They're lovely but it's a lot of money for just a screen.

iMac/MBP then I understand the premium as you're paying for the OS and everything that comes with it. But for these, it's just a re-shell. I'd still buy one if I had infinate cash! :eek:

I had a look at them the other day and even though it's only 3" smaller than the big iMac, the difference is quite a lot.

Z4

iMac/MBP then I understand the premium as you're paying for the OS and everything that comes with it. But for these, it's just a re-shell. I'd still buy one if I had infinate cash! :eek:

I had a look at them the other day and even though it's only 3" smaller than the big iMac, the difference is quite a lot.

b*****d.

What would the bigger screen set me back then...... :(

DB.

BMW 440i
I have a 13" MB, Use it most of the time at home/uni so obviously a bit anoying it being small.

Question is -

LED Cinema Display OR Coilovers on my cup packed RB.

DB.

BMW 440i
I look at the prices, then start justifying 'Isnt it just better off me buying an iMac. LOL!

BMW E92/Audi S3

Worth it imo.
The sharpness is unreal. I was also checking them out the other day.

DB.

BMW 440i
If you don't need a portable device, then just sell your MacBook and buy an iMac.

Im at Uni so need the portability. :( Would rather an iMac due to the size, but when i come home, im constantly bringing it back.

My mate has an LED Cinema display and it looks AWESOME! Going to have to get one sooner rather than later.

I can see me going 30" for Crysis 2. The Apple will be on the list of possibles around that time.

Currently rolling with a 26" Samsung T260 and I've already got used to the size, as one always does. Peering into a shooter at 1920x1200 in 26" with your face about 12" away from it, is f**king epic. 30" 2560x1600 is the next step :D

It's nice..

M9179_AV2

but not as nice as..

MB382

plus the 30" is £1200!!

Hmmm well no matter. 30" will be my next gaming upgrade. I'll see what's around later in the year. Maybe I should upgrade my TV, and use my Panny PZ800B 42" plazza for games. ROLF.