ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple MacBooks and MBP

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate. I remember seeing the advert for the air and was thinking that is freeking mint.

Can touch backlit keyboards and alu unibodies tho! :)

Shall see what I can do discount wise.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The Air's awesome.

I'd have one, but only alongside my other Macs. It'd never work as your only device.

[youtube]E98Eyl5Et0w[/youtube]

LOL.

[youtube]6XuJlGnqI6I[/youtube]

13" is fine for day to day.

I only notice mines small when I stick it on my desk next to my 22" shitty thing.

I saw them all lined up yesterday and the 17" is a monster. Looks awesome though. But I need 27" in my life. I really do.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
We really need to start rocking multi session ichat video chat soon too guys.

I want to be really apple.

I got a base spec 13" pro yesterday. With iWork, and Apple Care it came to £1050 ish? Got my sisters boyfriend to use his student discount and got 13% off!

A silver one
A well-specced 15" Pro would sort you out. Same as mine. Mine's a late 2009 Unibody.

My price of £1600 was after the discount. It's a £2k device.

What do you class as a 'decent spec' 15" Pro and what is wrong the 'base' 15" Pro?

I'm looking to get a 15" Pro and aren't sure what spec to go for?

cheers,
Matt

p.s. how many Macs and Apple devices have you got?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Lots. lol. Too much.

I've just sold my white 3G on here, tonight actually.

That's going towards an LED Cinema Screen for my MBP. I have a 27" iMac for office use and find using the MBP a little hard, when coming off the desktop.

My MBP is bumped up a little from stock, since I need the extra power for graphic design/web/video/manipulation etc.

2.8Ghz.
8GB RAM
500GB HDD @ 7200
Two graphics card model.
I bought a 1TB Time Capsule, iWork and AppleCare with the package too. Got a great deal.

The only reason I didn't go for a 17" is because that spec in 17" is well over £2.5k. I got mine for ~£1.6k, with my student discount. Only slightly more than the normal price of a 15", and considerably cheaper than the base 17".

The 17" doesn't come with an SD slot either. Which would be annoying for me. It comes with an ExpressCard slot.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Summer '09 model revision dude.

Yours has the removable battery/HDD, right?

Even the 13" MBP is expandable up to 8GB, on late '09 models. Madness.

Just think how much you'd save by staying in because you had a nice shiny MBP to play with.

The 'welcome' screen makes my pants dance.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL.

I really want an iPad, like you said.

Don't even remotely need one. I didn't really need a larger iMac. lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL.

2313082920_27ce2a886e.jpg

Suzuki Ignis
Waiting on my insurance vouchers to come through and gunna go get a macbook pro next week I think.

Now whats the deal with the mac accounts? You have to pay a monthly fee right? and whats the pros and cons?

DB.

BMW 440i
I really want a mac but can only afford a 13" base model and cant justify spending so much on it :(

Its worth it mate. Trust me.

You could always buy the LED Cinema display screen next year and use it as a fixed base computer at home then, with the option of unplugging it so its back to a laptop. ;)