ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

apple time machine migration??

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
if you back up using time machine to an external hdd can you then plug this in to a new mac and migrate all the info, files, folders, apps etc to the new mac??

You can also just boot the old mac up holding T and put a firewire cable between the two machines and use migration assistant to do the same :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
met just done the migration, it copied everything except for the one file i needed that was on the dock... where the folder was there is just a "?" with the folder name under it... but wont show anything... i cant find the folder by searching either :( apple store said they would keep the mac for a couple days for me, looks like im gonna have to see if they will copy the folder on to a dvd for me... :/

met just done the migration, it copied everything except for the one file i needed that was on the dock... where the folder was there is just a "?" with the folder name under it... but wont show anything... i cant find the folder by searching either :( apple store said they would keep the mac for a couple days for me, looks like im gonna have to see if they will copy the folder on to a dvd for me... :/

Without sounding patronising, did you click on it?

When I migrated my mac mini to my iMac yesterday there were alot of things in the dock that were big question marks but they changed to the icon/folder icons once I clicked them.

:)