ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple TV questions

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Posting in here before I have to go to the apple shop as I'm sh*t with technology and can't understand the craic.

I basically want something to watch netflix/iplayer/itvplayer etc etc on in my room, can I do this? Does the box run off wifi?

Ive recently learned that you can't use sky go on xbox one for some reason, does it work on apple tv?

And also I'm unsure as to whether or not I can stream stuff off my phone, youtube, music etc? If you can, can you stream the bt sport app or can it be downloaded on the tv?

Thanks for any help and advice as I really am clueless with this stuff.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Does it have to be Apple? There are loads of Android based devices knocking about that are much cheaper. Im running an Amazon Fire TV Box with Kodi installed and and Amazon Fire Tv Stick for the bedroom.

I've just setup a Fire Tv Stick for @Liam. I'll be inundated with questions in the coming days 😂

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Not particularly no. Tbh I wasn't aware there was an similar alternative. Do either of those do the things ive said?

Basically all I want to do is watch catch up tv and stream from my phone, which i've faintly gathered the apple tv can do?

My main one is trying to find out if i can stream my bt sport app through it.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I can just about plug my iphone in. And thats the reach of my technological nouse. The above link has answered my main question so I appreciate that.

Will it be worth ordering the new apple tv as oposed to the old one? About a £60 price difference which is nothing but as we all know with apple each new product seems to be just re-inventing the wheel.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
You can't stream Sky Go to anything. It doesn't work when you're connected to external monitors because you'd effectively be able to get Sky TV on the cheap, and they don't want that.

We stream BT Sport to a Chromecast, it works pretty well.

An ATV will benefit you if you have an iPhone because of AirPlay.

ATV1 & 2 can be jailbroken and demand a premium on the resale market because of it, and ATV3, which will be the only version you can get online and from the Apple Store will suit you fine.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
If worst comes to worst I can continue using catch up on my xbox one.

As said my main one is bt sport for the champions league.

I sometimes use sky through my laptop but my laptop is a bag of w*nk and I despise it so tend not to bother.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Does apple tv4 not have airplay? Seems like a backwards step if it doesn't?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I use both of my atvs daily for streaming music, YouTube, bbc and 4od. Itv player doesn't support video streaming, audio only do it can get tae feck.

Putlocker/cartoonhd work through the iPhone/iPad to the atv and Netflix is native on it.

As is nowtv iirc. I don't use that though.

If you have mainly Apple based products in your house, I'd go atv. And I'd get the atv4 because it looks ace.