ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aquamist... water injection etc..

any info is good really.
thinking about it as a next mod , so what do people know?

how much does it cost installed etc.

how much gains would i see?

could i have some kinda purge valves to spray across my intercooler to help cool etc...

thanx peeps for any info

I'd go for the mappable system, the boost switched system is, well a bit heath robinson.

About a grand installed and mapped i would say.

Benefits are simple better combustion control by damping the flame front, charge cooling and higher charge density. You can run leaner for economy, run higher boost. And basically all round curb the effects of forced induction, or save an engine that is on the brink of det.

I'm a big fan if its done well.

Yes the MF2, and yes, you would need your fueling/ignition/boost mapped in correlation to the MF2 because it will allow you to either run leaner or run more boost.

IF you really push things you can run almost as much water as you do fuel!

Dubai, i've seen that cryo thing but not overly convinced. There is very little surface area to actually transfer heat at the rate of which air will be flowing past it, not to mention it will run out rather fast if it is a total loss system.

so would you "have" to run more boost to see power gains? or could the boost still be the same and still see a good increase?

also obviously the water is gonna run out and need re-filling. how often would this happen? wat would happen to the cars fueling etc when it ran out?

You wouldnt 'have' to, but you'll see greater gains if you do....obviously. But without increasing boost you will be able to run more aggressive fueling and ignition curves.

As for water, depends how big the tank you carry is. If you have a 1ltr bottle, then you will run out often. I'd run a 10l bag or so and place it out of the way somewhere, and i'd also make use of the free water at petrol stations ;)

is there any kind of warning when water is low or is it just a case of learning how long it lasts? gonna make the car heavier too aint it?

i'm already running 1.1 -1.2 bar ben.- guess i could go 1.4 ok tho. but then i have no boost control as somethings playing up, probably the solenoid i guess. just need somewhere who knows there s**t to look at it for me i guess

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Would you say its worth the money then Ben if done correctly? What sort of gains am i likely to see? Those guys at MSTorque run a good place.

Ben j said:
is there any kind of warning when water is low or is it just a case of learning how long it lasts? gonna make the car heavier too aint it?

i'm already running 1.1 -1.2 bar ben.- guess i could go 1.4 ok tho. but then i have no boost control as somethings playing up, probably the solenoid i guess. just need somewhere who knows there sh*t to look at it for me i guess

You can rig up an LED to come on when water is low.

Boost uppage will depend on just what your turbo can handle.

And yes, a boost cotrolled needs to be working.

Dubai182 said:
Would you say its worth the money then Ben if done correctly? What sort of gains am i likely to see? Those guys at MSTorque run a good place.

I have no idea, i've never tried it.

But even if it did half your intake temps by dream worthy 50%, then supposing you started at 70 deg in the UAE, that would be 35 deg drop, approx 1bhp per 3.3 deg drop in temp.....=10.6bhp in a perfect situation.

If it works ofcourse.

BenR said:
I have no idea, i've never tried it.

But even if it did half your intake temps by dream worthy 50%, then supposing you started at 70 deg in the UAE, that would be 35 deg drop, approx 1bhp per 3.3 deg drop in temp.....=10.6bhp in a perfect situation.

If it works ofcourse.
Shouldn't that be % as every cars gains will be a % of power not a fixed rate?

Sorry, were both wrong, its 1% density increase, not 1bhp......you'll never get a 10% gain or a 10bhp gain either way.