ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ARB bushes

Clio Mk2 Ph1
i am in the process of changing my arb bushes, i have got the old ones out and the new ones in but now the metal casing it too far apart for the bolt to go through and too tight to push togther. im wondering if i have got the wrong size bushes?

If its anything like 106 ones and others i've done - smear a LITTLE bit of washing up liquid on the bush so that the metal bracket can slide on it - then in the past I've had to use a trolley jack to apply force to the bush while you bolt it up

Never done a clio though so this is just generic advice

172 ph-quick
i feel for you mate, had to do mine last night. if you mean the inner ones then i used two pairs of grips one on either side of the bracket and tightening each one in turn till its squeezed up, then whilst they were on, pushed down on the top of the bracket with a lever against the chassis, till i could get the bolt through. right pain in the backside.:(

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Apply a little washing up liquid and use a vice, put a socket bit against the rubber and wind it together.

assuming these are the RS inners and you have got the right bushes (should be able to compare with the olds?), just need to persevere

Clio Mk2 Ph1
anyone know how long it would take a garage to fit a set of these because i really cant seem to get it done. im only a novice after all lol

shouldn't take a garage long at all, as they'll be able to get at them properly from a pit/lift. half an hour's labour?

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
ive just fitted mine and used a pair of snipe nose mole grips and a normal pair to squeeze the clamp and hey presto