ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arch linings - do you need them?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
fitted my bumper yesterday and ran out of time to put the arch linings back in....

now im looking at them thinking whats the point in them :S

so do they need to be there or not?

ive run without them for about half a year, hasnt caused problems YET, but im sure it will do.

dont want to pay renault prices for them though

You don't need them, but your car gets filthy very quickly without.

Edit: If you have a RS, sell me yours! :eek:

You don't need them but where I've not had one the rust has eaten away a lot more than what it would have if most of the water had been stopped from getting there...

Lots of Alfas
On the drivers side part of the arch protects the lower part of the aux belt and the aux belt pulley. Also on the passenger side the horns wont last long if they are constantly being 'weathered'. This is from experience.

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
not sure but a guestimated response but they MIGHT help reduce build up of air in rear arches to a point... so without them they could be acting as big sales slowing you down a bit maybe....they are there for a reason if they wernt required renault would not put them there and save a few quid x 000'000's of cars during production etc