ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are 6 by 9s worth it

Toureg vW Transporte

Hi is it worth me putting 6 by 9s in the parcel shelf of my 16valve if im gunna be sticking a sub in the boot?Is it a better idea to stick some powerfull 4 inch ones in and amp them up to get the treble in the back?. Thanx

Personally I wouldnt use 6X9s, as you only really need "filler" sound comming from the rear, a good mid range in the OE speaker housing is enough.. unless you want to show off your ICE rather than listening to it?!? Most of the Hi and Mids should come from the front like your Hi Fi at home.

Id get a sub, so pikey scum wont break in when they see your 6x9s. Just get some comp spec mid rangers so you get a good balance. Revs have just done a 6.5inch review. This combo would drown out 6x9s

Personally I would say yes - but it depends what youre after. Im not going for big audio in my car, so Im quite happy with the sound - but mine are half decent so maybe that sways my opinion.
I have heard 6x9s that sound sh*te in comparison

if youre gonna get a sub, theres no need to bother with 6x9s

if youre not gonna get a sub, the 6x9s should be filtered so only the lower range of frequency comes through, therefore eliminating any treble from the rear of the car

i cba reading the other replies, but if your getting a sub dont get 6x9s. They dont work well together, get either one or the other. if your defo getting a sub, get a set of coaxiles for some rear fill

I have 6x9s in the back of my car, aswell as a Sub. I basically just use it for rear-fill - Got it faded out a bit on the back.

My stereo also has a "Staging" feature so I can set where all the main sound comes from - Very very useful.

Daz.