ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are aftermarket 182 exhausts worth it??????

Artic Blue 182 FF
The standard exhaust rust's, fall's off and cost twice what a stainless sytem. It is debatable whether a stainless system gives genuine HP increase but you can get systems that are just as quiet and look a lot better.. the standard looks like 2 little pee shooter's coming out of the rear bumper.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1264&appid=2

not too loud looks good and best part is will probably live longer than the car.

Golf GTD Mk7
Build quality wise they are shocking from Renault. Plus you'll pay more for a full system at a dealer than you would for a full stainless. You might get a problem with certain aftermarket exhausts which dont fit/sit right. You get what you pay for imo. BTB all the way for me. Fit/Build quality/sound is all bang on. They will all be noisy though

i have got a k-tec ultra system on mine much prefer it to standard, it sounds slightly louder in the car and looks alot better than standard to. only dislike is when the cars up to temperature it moves to the right!! theres good and bad in everything tho.

RB 182 Gordini
I agree with everyone else. I have just had a new exhaust for my 182 in the last couple of months. Renault wanted nearly £800 for the std exhaust which is only semi-steel. Mine is a 54 plate and i had a hole in the mid box and both back boxes were flaking like hell!! I went to R-Tec and paid £530 for a full Miltek S/S, life time gtee!! the std renaults have 80mm pipes where my Miltek have 90mm, look a lot better from the back and the sound is awesome! Not chavy in the slightest! Sounds nice and sporty! I didn't want something which sounded like a volcano when I drove down the road! Website is below, they fitted it in bout 1.5 hours!

Check out www.rtecshop.com

Golf GTD Mk7
i have got a k-tec ultra system on mine much prefer it to standard, it sounds slightly louder in the car and looks alot better than standard to. only dislike is when the cars up to temperature it moves to the right!! theres good and bad in everything tho.

WTF? Seems a bit strange that

RB 182 cup,astra sri
i recently got a custom exhaust company to price the same setup as the rs192 system. the quoted 480 all in for the job. I cant justify that price for it at the moment though. If the standard one starts to go in the next year i will definatly go for it though. the slightly bigger tailpipes make all the difference and it would be nice for it to sound a wee bit more sporty.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I found the standard 182 system quite restrictive and a trip to ProSpeed sorted that out. I haven't looked back since. Mine also grows an extra inch or so in warmer weather. The exhaust that is!

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
The metal will expand and contract as it cools, the design of the system will limit this or exacerbate the effect.

182 FF Arctic
The metal will expand and contract as it cools, the design of the system will limit this or exacerbate the effect.

i have never had this on any other car apart from my 182 when it gets hot the tail pipes move over to the right, does the yozza system do this aswell

inferno 182cup
I have been wondering this are std better or aftermarket?

after market all the way......... i got milltec with de-cat SOUND-- it sounds awesome crisp and quality note but NOT loud.
PRICE-- ent cheep as others out there but it's personal choice.
PERFORMANCE--i havent yet RR'd my car yet because i was waiting for my map there is only couple of hp's in it. 1 FITMENT--the milltec is known for hard to set up, but i put new mounts, rubbers, bolts an gaskets on at same time and it went on sound.

FF 182 Sport
thinking of changing mine too but dont want a loud exhaust or something that wont pass an mot or cause engine management problems - what am i looking for exactly - im not a mechanic lol

inferno 182cup
Miltek's just crack

I sell piper systems as they're my favourite for ease of fitting and build quality

they got guarantee tho and they r v reasonable on phone even if u didnt actually buy it, my mate got golf v6 4 motion an his baffels broke up they said to get the recept of sale from the motor factor an they will give instant replacement

RB 182 Gordini
Go for Miltek mate, you will not be disappointed!! Lovely sound, reasonibley priced and....oh yes........... did i mention that sexy sound :)