ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are black cars really that much of a mare to keep looking nice?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Im looking forward to getting a white car over winter! Woot! Will be constantly filthy :D

LOL pep, was just thinking it cant be as bad as white-esp with white speedlines! :rasp:

Black grubs up fairly quick, but they do look pretty decent when they've had a good clean.

I must be a glutton for punishment with both mine bein black :rolleyes:

Better than yours. C*nt.
3rd 'Black' car and 6th dark car, and I don't plan on giving up. They look truly stunning when clean and no worse than any other s**t up car when dirty - why spoil it?!

Megane 225
They scratch really easily! Need a good wash method. They do look stunning when clean tho!

330ciCSLWheels001.jpg

330ciCSLWheels002.jpg

330ciCSLWheels003.jpg

330ciCSLWheels004.jpg

330ciCSLWheels005.jpg

330ciCSLWheels006.jpg

330ciCSLWheels007.jpg

330ciCSLWheels008.jpg

330ciCSLWheels009.jpg

330ciCSLWheels010.jpg

330ciCSLWheels011.jpg

330ciCSLWheels013.jpg

They do look ace once cleaned, seeing the pics posed up confirms this again to me. I've decided not to do it though as most of the time the car will be dirty, I just couldn't do that to it.

Megane R26
I don't car about the car being dirty, the problem for me is the apparentness of swirls, stone chips and minor scuffs, which depending on the hardness of the paint, can be a REAL pain.

If you don't care about swirling etc, then get a black/darker coloured car. That said, red is just as bad too.

My next car will be silver or white probably, maybe a blue.

One of the best colours for hiding defects is surprisingly Liquid Yellow...

Yeah the swirls etc is another thing that puts me off. I always end up with blue cars so any swirling isn't that noticeable, i'd like to say it's pretty swirl free, but I can guarantee someone would point some out to me.

I have to agree with Russ on the Yellow side of things, always amazed at how good some of the Renault Sport test cars look, even though it is clear that they are demos and so ragged about from show to show with a quick wipe over inbetween.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
If you dont enjoy cleaning cars then yes but if you do, its great. I loved cleaning my black Clio!

F56 MINI Cooper S
thing is its not just the cleaning, the stone chips are terrible and can stop them a mile off, my sis has a 56plate ibiza in black and the front bumper/bonnet is pitted to f**k, wouldnt buy black myself, much prefer my silver.

Megane 225
I have to agree with Russ on the Yellow side of things, always amazed at how good some of the Renault Sport test cars look, even though it is clear that they are demos and so ragged about from show to show with a quick wipe over inbetween.

They probably chose the colours for that reason alone!

BMW E92/Audi S3
Pain in the c**t.
I prefer it over silver though. It drove me mad.
Cleaned - Looked ...Silver.
Dirty - Looked...Silver..?

330 and Mini are SEX!!!!

I work at a valeting centre/foam wash at weekends and black/dark cars are a nightmare. You need to sponge them as well as jetwashing to get the dirt off. Unfortunately a lot of customers wont let you put a sponge on their paintwork and the cars are never clean when they leave.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I work at a valeting centre/foam wash at weekends and black/dark cars are a nightmare. You need to sponge them as well as jetwashing to get the dirt off. Unfortunately a lot of customers wont let you put a sponge on their paintwork and the cars are never clean when they leave.

why do you need to sponge them? a good pre wash + foam, then washed with a mitt = win

Worse colour to keep in good condition, shows all the scratches, stone chips, swirls and dirt, silver imo is the easiest to keep clean, orange isn't too bad either. :)

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Ha ha, the plate on that BG V6 somes it up really, thats what you need to own a black car!
I've only just discovered detailing and my 182 is lovely and swirly all over. And I have white wheels now! I was going to clean it as it is predictably filthy but the sun has just come out! Water marks anyone!
I love it though, I may treat it to a paint correction/polish/detail come spring!

Black 172 PH2
Mines black, quick wash every now and then.
Not too bothered about it looking shiny all the time lol