ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are bonnet scoops to chav?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I fitted an Astra GSI vent to the bonnet of one of my old cars. I fitted it forward facing and smoothed it in, it looked superb.

M

mini-valver

I'd probably look into something a little more round to suit the lines of the Clio but I like the idea!

Turbo Beige
I would reposintion your filter further back (straight line to the throttle body would be best. Then build a semi sealed box around it (will need drainage holes for water). Then i would smooth in a large NACA duct in the front of the bonnet that will feed directly into the airbox. The filter that you have fitted also seams very small.

Something like these.

http://www.reverie.ltd.uk/shop/products.php?g1=69762c&g2=4688e2

I would reposintion your filter further back (straight line to the throttle body would be best. Then build a semi sealed box around it (will need drainage holes for water). Then i would smooth in a large NACA duct in the front of the bonnet that will feed directly into the airbox. The filter that you have fitted also seams very small.

Something like these.

Good idea. I have forgot about the bonnet scoop, it just doesnt look right.

I think I need to buy a bonnet to have a play with.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
why not buy a headlight assembly from a breakers and modify that?

you could remove the perspex lens/reflectors and mount a CAF in the casing.

easily changable after a trackday etc also

Turbo Beige

Something like these.

Good idea. I have forgot about the bonnet scoop, it just doesnt look right.

I think I need to buy a bonnet to have a play with.

I will probably be having a fiverglass mold done and then a run of bonnents sometime in the next few months if you are interested?

Turbo Beige
why not buy a headlight assembly from a breakers and modify that?

you could remove the perspex lens/reflectors and mount a CAF in the casing.

easily changable after a trackday etc also

It isn't that easy, to change the headlight the front bumper has to come off!!!!! And if you have done that it takes ages and is a pain in the arse!!!

Turbo Beige
Yep!!! Not decide how they will be done yet (number of layers/framework), but i have a guy interested in doing them and they will be quite cheap (about £160ish)

He might do bootlids as well!!!

M

mini-valver

I'd be interested in a bonnet dude, dependant on where the vent will be.....

Yep!!! Not decide how they will be done yet (number of layers/framework), but i have a guy interested in doing them and they will be quite cheap (about £160ish)

If its a worthwhile weight saving then I will have one.

Turbo Beige
Bonnet will just be a fiberglass replacement (would need pins though) with no vent in it. One could be put in by yourselfs if you wanted to before paint.

Turbo Beige

If its a worthwhile weight saving then I will have one.

Would probably be lighter than a Carbon one (they have all the same structural stuff in them etc. as the o.e. ones) and they are about 6kg lighter than standard.

M

mini-valver

Nope! Gutted TBH but it's not far off now, design has had to be changed a couple of times due to space etc and it's all fabbed from scratch so I can understand the amount of time it takes. Should be quite meaty when it's back though, hoping for VTS beating pace

M

mini-valver

I'll be putting a thread up when I get it back so keep your eyes peeled ;)