ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are Kumho tires any good ?

Clio dci 65 Extreme
I was mucking around with my car today and noticed i've got Kumho tires which came with the alloys i have. I have no idea whetever Kumho tires are a good brand anybody know? :S

5 door 1.4 rt clio
my old man has got them on his 2.5 v6 mondeo and they are good.
he also had them on his carlton gsi 3000 24v, i.e. sports car.
they aint a cheap make of tire and should be good on a clio.
he says they are long lasting and give good overall performance.

i remember reading a group test on tires in a magazine a few years ago, and kuhmo put their tires up against the best in the conditions (i.e braking, dry road, wet road, handling etc) and the magazine concluded that the tires were actually quite good. Kuhmo paid for the exercise and invited the magazine to witness the test, not claiming to be the best but a wanting to be seen as a good, competent all rounder that should at least be considered, and the magazine back up their wish! think it was in Autocar? quite a trustworthy read

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
had them on the clio, found them brilliant in the dry. blistered pretty badly on the track tho!

dont rate them in the wet but then what sports tyre is good in the wet!?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
ive had em. werent that great but where the non directional ones. ive got some kumhpo sports but not tried em yet and sellin em now anyway.
were good on my 106 rallye. good VFM anyway definately.
theyre not a 'cheapo' make.

i cant quite remember but at the time of the article i said about going to press, kuhmo had won the contract to supply one of the big european manufacturers tires on a certain model, might have been vw lupo but im really not sure!

lift number 1 @ btm
i've found them to be pretty good, i was getting about 5/6k from a539's or toyos, i've got kumho's now which seem to grip just as well, but are definately wearing a lot better. kumho do make serious competition tyres too.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
It was a heavy 4 door saloon made by with a 3 litre circa. 200bhp(177) V6(straight 6, mark) engine.

Not exactly a sports car is it?

Not at all.

This however...
116-vauxhall-lotus-carlton.jpg

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I stand corrected Mr Encyclopeadia [spelling...can't be a**ed].

Did they really only get 177bhp out of a 3 litre straight six? That must have had at least 100 bhp/ton then?

Phwoooaar.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
120something/pertonne.

Stonking, if bowls was the sport in question.