ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are matched inlets worth it?

clio 172
I have read some older threads about matched inlets has anyone had them fitted recently on a 172 ph2 and what results did you get?

I have a stealth exhaust and a pipercross viper induction kit, with matched inlets and a remap what bhp do you think it would make?

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
I have read some older threads about matched inlets has anyone had them fitted recently on a 172 ph2 and what results did you get?

I have a stealth exhaust and a pipercross viper induction kit, with matched inlets and a remap what bhp do you think it would make?

Less than 172bhp! or maybe just over.

What ever happens you are going to spend money and be dissapointed. If you want a fun car that handles great on track and road? then you have the right one.

If you want a car thats fast in straight line or has big bhp figures to boast about down the pub? buy something else

172 Cup
I've just fitted my matched inlets, very minimal gains. It all helps though, and just the fact the original factory inlets were so badly matched to the gaskets made is seem worth it to me.

On their own, no. Probably only 2-3bhp gain in them, if that! But as said, the fact I knew they could be improved was a good enough reason for me.

Every little helps.

Can always sell them on when you sell the car too if your that bothered about £150.

If I was starting again from scratch I would definitely buy them again along with supporting mods.

Last edited:
  clio sport ph 1
Just be a cheap ass , and get the dremel out ;). I don't know if it did make any difference .
But the engine is the best I ever had in the clio .

340i
You are never going to see a mega power increase, but there will be an increase. I saw an improvement in torque and smoother power delivery on my old PH-1 172.

Are they 'worth it'.. well that all depends on what you are expecting for the money you are going to spend?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
In my opinion, Yes. Depends what you consider worth it, I know people that a £300 remap on a turbo car wouldn't be "worth it" I know people that a 1bhp gain would be worth it.

my standard ones wernt too bad, fitted a set of AWT ones and the car got a nice gain.

Ph 1 172
My understanding after doing a lit of searching on here is its minimal gains for a fair amount of cash, also early phase 1172 seem to have the worst inlets so its worth matching them