ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are MK1 Clio’s retro

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

The title says it all really. I know they are not as retro as R5s but do you consider them retro?

luketheduck

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 182; Octy vRS 245

My cars retro?! :eek:

Lol. Nah I dont honestly think it is.

Now my old AX - that was retro! Or a Mk 1 Golf...

I wouldnt say retro TBH, id say last of the best - i.e. cars that can still cut it yet dont need a dealer with a diag machine every 5 seconds to fix something...

Ziel Nurburgring

Doesnt Retro mean they have to be an item copied from the past? E.G. the new minis, beetles and the new campervan are retro, where as the car quoted are classic shapes.

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by u33db on 25 January 2005

I wouldnt say retro TBH, id say last of the best - i.e. cars that can still cut it yet dont need a dealer with a diag machine every 5 seconds to fix something...
Because old cars are so much more reliable than new cars arent they *rolls eyes*

Theyre no where near retro. Theyre just old hatchbacks.

M8, did i say that?? *rolls eyes*

What i mean is that they arent as advanced as say the mk2 yet arent exactly stone age technology...i.e a happy medium.

Pug 306 GTi-6

They do not look old IMO, obviously if you put a MK1 and a MK2 side by side then the MK1 is gonna start showing its age but I wouldnt say they look retro as such, just a bit older in style.

Putting a C4 and an AX next to each other is a different story.

Quote: Originally posted by Bazzeray on 26 January 2005

They do not look old IMO, obviously if you put a MK1 and a MK2 side by side then the MK1 is gonna start showing its age but I wouldnt say they look retro as such, just a bit older in style. - think you mean the MK1 will show it up ;)

Putting a C4 and an AX next to each other is a different story.

tiTTy & SV650

whats the definition of retro anyway?! mk1 clio isnt retro, renault 5 monaco and / or turbo is more retro.

Cortinas are retro as are Capris and stuff like that, old mini and old beetle are retro.

new Ford GT is retro, new beetle and new mini is NOT RETRO

all in my own opinion...