ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are my headlights normal?

1.5dci
Until now I guessed you couldn't flash the Headlights, but then had to turn them on manually when it was tipping it down, and realised they did flash when not in auto, so is my car correct like this, or is there something wrong to be losing a feature like this (I know its not a big worry, but when i'm in Cornwall at my parents everyone knows everyone and its basically considered an insult by lots of people to not flash to say hi, thanks, i know you etc...)
It's a mk2 ph2 1.5 diesel (53 reg)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I guess that's normal as mine are the same. Never really thought much about it, I always just flick it onto manual quickly if I want to flash. A bit of a pain but its the only thing you can do.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
It's normal mate. I just turned the auto lights off, doin' it the old fashioned way :cool:

1.5dci
Ah kwl, thanks. I've been considering turning them to manual, just seemed like a great feature to start with, after growing up in the middle of nowhere towns seem way to light to need headlights, so used to accidently forget to turn them on at least once or twice every week, great not having to worry about it! But it also seems worth doing it for the bulbs, my drive to work means they go on and off 3 times each way, so 6 times a day at least, 6 months in and i'm already through a set!

Oil Burner
Mine flash when in auto iirc :S

If you pull the stalk back (when the lights have turned themselves on/not set to manual) they will turn on with one pull and off with another. Not good if you just want to do a quick flash as a thankyou, you end up blinding people.

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Ah I thought he meant in daylight when he pulled back the stalk nothing happened.

But yea when the lights are in auto and its dark that can be annoying ^^^

Although I prefer the change from dipped to full beam on auto. No clicking into place or whatever it does in manual

1.5dci
Thinking I may try and remember to turn them manually when ever i remember, and auto for when i forget, it almost seems that they think auto should just be used as a backup or something, instead of being used for normal use! although this may became ever more confusing, having to remember if i remembered so i'd know what positions are available!

If only it was easier to rewire, or re-program, then again i don't really have much or an idea with cars... think i'll just stick with programming standard computers!

I remember when I changed from my povery spec to the dynamique clio, couldn't work out why it wouldn't flash properly lol.

Got used to it now though.