ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are people not getting bored of turinis yet?!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Not that theres anything wrong with them but my God, everyone and their dog has them! And if you dont your advised to! I do agree that they suit the clio very well but its like people are modding there car for others and not themselves!

Clio 1.4 16v
:clap: I so agree with you mate, Same story with Grilles, I have made my own custom one, put pics of my car up the other day, everybody says, oh a 182 grille would look so much better!! Yes, except for the fact that every bugger has one, I like individuality

a burnt one
aye, was bored of them 2 days after joining cliosport, everyone who posted a pick of their car was advised to get them, someone who had them was complimenting someone else who had them, someone was selling them in the parts for sale section, someone was posting links to them on the ebay section, it was mindnumbing, and unlike 99.9% of people on here, i have never liked them:D

nah, forget turini's and get silvervisions instead, its the future:rasp:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
gary l said:
aye, was bored of them 2 days after joining cliosport, everyone who posted a pick of their car was advised to get them, someone who had them was complimenting someone else who had them, someone was selling them in the parts for sale section, someone was posting links to them on the ebay section, it was mindnumbing, and unlike 99.9% of people on here, i have never liked them:D

nah, forget turini's and get silvervisions instead, its the future:rasp:

Ah now I do have silvervisions! But tbf I had them in the 1.4 and just swapped them round, must be 2 or 3 years old by now!!

a burnt one
thats ok john, i have a bigger confession to make..........

i have clear rear lights:eek:

yup its true, i dont have the phase 2 like everyone suggests, i like to be individual, due to people on here slagging them off so much i am the only clio ive seen on the road in a long long time that has them, i pondered with the thought of changing them but then, everyone else has ph2 lights.

so ive went from being part of a crowd (like so many on here) when i first got them to being a loner again.

sometimes it seems like this forum is just for a few people to say whats right and wrong and everyone else agrees, copys it and they collectively have a pop at anyone who dares be different

Clio 172 mk2
I've left my OE alloys on my 172....there can't be that many left now with the standard wheels on:D

E90
Turinis are like A8 wheels on a golf, for when you just run out of imagination and follow the rest of the sheeep, Soooooooooooooooooo 2003

CTR--VX220D
The only reason why I bought my Turini's is because of how light they are for the track... I might even have 2 x sets soon ;)

I also had speedlines on my VX.

VaVa
Weeman said:
Turinis are like A8 wheels on a golf, for when you just run out of imagination and follow the rest of the sheeep, Soooooooooooooooooo 2003

Well I did put mine on in 2004 before they came taboo. I don't care what anyone says - I love the way they look. :approve:

I only ever see clios on turini's on here - I never see any clios on the road with them on (apart from cups obviously)
I like the wheels:)

BMW 330d :)
It because the 172 cup is the best looking 2.0 ltr variant. Thats why everyone and their dog wants them on their bog std 172's and 182's ;)

Banana
Well I love mine, and I would not waste 700 or so quid replacing them, money better spent on engine/chassis mods.
Besides, everyone who has slab-sided alloys complain about brake overheating on track days.

Nissan 350Z
LOL, maybe i am alone in liking the 182 wheels.

I think most aftermarket alloys i see on clios suck, but thats just me.

My car must be fairly unique looking - it looks standard. :D

Clio 172 mk2
Good man

I do like turinis and the OE 182 wheels but am just trying to leave as much of my car cosmetically standard.

Skint as well which also doesn't help matters!

ant

yep.
superlegs are lighter AND better looking [imho obviously]

side_on.jpg

172 cup
i like mine, even if they are white, if id wanted to be original i would not have bought a clio
TBH i cant think of an aftermarket wheel that suits the clio beter than the standard wheels.

172 Exclusive... For Sale
goatman said:
i like to cuddle bears

LOL! Banned after one post!

Its funny, you've got some members bored of seeing the same wheels on cars and you got the crowd that digs at people who change/modify their motors. Can't please everyone...

BTW, i've got a set of Turini's for sale with tyres if anyones interested.. :eek:

Clio 172 mk2
this post is a bit of a pleasant surprise, i thought CS had a cloning department or a brainwashing team somewhere. guess there are still rebels out there!!:rasp: