ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are Ph1 172, PH2 and 182 dashboard looms the same?

220 Trophy
I need to replace the main loom behind the dashboard on my PH1 172, just need to know if I can get one from another model?, thanks.

All different.

Different heating system = different loom etc.

Done the one in my 182 last month and it was a total pain in the arse.

clio 172 phs 1
All different.

Different heating system = different loom etc.

Done the one in my 182 last month and it was a total pain in the arse.

Also the Phs1 172 uses a Multi timer unit where as Phs2 172/182 uses a UCH control unit,airbag console connectors etc are all different too.

220 Trophy
Bugger, thanks guys. To cut a very long story short I fcuked up stripping back my old loom, even though I took my time obviously something's gone wrong because everything is going haywire. It would be easier just to replace the whole lot, looks like I need to find a PH1 172 loom then!! Let me know if any of you hear of one - thanks.

Have you made sure all the earths are attached?

When changing mines in the 182 got too cold so I called it a night but when I pressed the lock button on the keys the windows went up and down in motion with the flashes and it was clicking like mad and wouldn't lock.

220 Trophy
Both earths are connected. When I press the window button the instrument panel flickers. Also the panel doesn't illuminate or randomly the rev counter doesn't work and the windows are now stuck part down (It's in a garage so not too much bother). I admit I've fcuked it up and in truth seeing how little the parts of the loom that I removed weighed I wish I hadn't bothered anyway because it took me ages - and now the car doesn't work properly I'm gutted. I just need to replace the loom and it be a lesson learnt.

It doesn't make too much difference.

Here's a pic of my stripped vs unstripped loom.

IMG_0023.JPG