ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are Phs 1 172s....

clio 172 phs 1
Becoming rare yet?

I bought mine in 2003 with 59k on it, had it just over 10 years and has now done 93k.

I never have spotted many others around where i live but as with any model,the older they get the less you see about?

Do they make decent money for decent ones?

phase 1 172
im keeping my good eye open for a ph1 dispite having a phase 2 and a cup-says something really>seemingly more sort after than a phase 2

320d
I really want another at some point. Having owned a ph1 and a 182 I feel that the 182 was a better all round car, but the ph1 always felt more special.

They are becoming a little more rare though, the early ones like I had are now over 13 years old. Fortunately they don't seem to rust but still as cars get older people won't bother doing a £500 cambelt service on a £1200 car, likewise if the gearbox goes or something.

We have a W reg silver Ph1 , Pretty tidy and only 2 previous owners but as mentioned above with the bits that I have replaced and the fact the belts are being done shortly means I have spent more on it than the value of the car.

The wife is the boss though and the main driver and I don't think she will ever sell it. Dont see many on the road around here.

clio 172 phs 1
Mine was reg'd on 30/09/2000 so just over 13yrs old, i'm the 2nd owner. No rust really except a bit of bubbling on the inside lips of rear wheel arches.

Silver on a W plate, registered 28/07/2000

Anyone know the date these first came out?

Edit: dont worry found it.... Launch date Jan 2000

Last edited:
  PH1 172
I am glad they are getting rare...I can see them going up in value for a good one, I get quite a few people asking about mine....Not many in Swindon now!

Clio Cup
If anyone else has noticed the prices of 205 gtis and Renault 5 turboes it might be worth hiding a few somewhere

Second thread this year lol.

i find they're no rarer than any other RS Clio's tbh

I beg to differ :rasp:

Im constantly seeing 197/200's about, ph2 1*2 are also common around these parts. Just on my 30min drive to work today i saw a white 197, a silver 200 a black 1*2

Only seen 1 other ph1 172 once in the last 2 months.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I see an inferno 182, a silver 197, an RB 200 and an iceberg 172 phase 2 every morning on the way to work, no phase 1's though unless I run into Mark out and about in his titanium.

clio 172 phs 1
I beg to differ :rasp:

Im constantly seeing 197/200's about, ph2 1*2 are also common around these parts. Just on my 30min drive to work today i saw a white 197, a silver 200 a black 1*2

Only seen 1 other ph1 172 once in the last 2 months.

Yeah i agree, mines is the only phs1 172 around my area, but loads of 182s,197s,200s etc.

Norris1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Yep so annoying when I walk outside my house and see both of my titanium ph1's, 5 mins into my drive to work and I go past another one!! Common as muck in these parts

Ive only ever seen one other phase 1 on the roads around me but theyre definitely not rare yet! Loads on here and they can be had for very cheap. The numbers will start to dwindle when the non hardcore enthusiasts scrap them when they need a repair or some maintenance which is equal to or greater than the value of the car. I keep spending money on mine though so it'll be with me for a while yet. Bloody moneypit!