ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are reno ripping me off?

My ignition lock has gone, sometimes the key turns and is stiff, other times it turns and is normal.. and sometimes it won't even let me have the key back.

Renault say i need a new barrell.... £110 as it needs to be special to match my keys.. and also needs to come from france so will take about a week to get here.

Then about £70 for fitting a new barrell ...

is this price about right?

MK2 P1 1.4S
I am by no means an expert, but I would say the barrell price would be about right... However, you could try fitting the barrell yourself but I'm not sure if the keys need coding again or not.

Thats anot a bad price I'd usually say change all the locks or some a breakers have in stock but for the hastle its not worth it.
You can fit it yourself the barrel that is for less than £70 don't take to long I've got the insructions somewhre or if not the haynes tells you how to do it only takes 20 minutes when you know what to do maybe 40 if your taking your time and so Renault will be quoting you 1hr to do it.