ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are the mk1’s good project cars

Im wanting a nice project to do over the summer. Ive been looking in the local scrappy and theres loads of mk1s in there and thinking of getting one for £40 or whatever, stripping it down to its shell and building up from there. Have no idea what theyre like to work with though? Wanting it to be a show car more than anything, for next year

Punto/Clio GTT

great cars, try get yourself a valver though as if its a show car and you pop open the bonnet to reveal a blingin 1.4 energy lump, aint gonna look as good as a 16v beast.

worst thing is rust really, virtually all of em have it on the rear arches, inner tailgate etc

If youre going to be messing about with the engine, i wouldnt bother, there aint enough space and even the easiest of jobs just becomes annoying.. or maybe im just crap lol.

Engine wise Im not really bothered about whats in it. Although a nice lump under the bonnet would look good.

Its basically just to advertise/show iceled (led lighting) products as Im trying to be a distributer for them and Im not wanting to mess about with my car anymore than I already have while its still under warranty and stuff.