ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are these alignment results correct?

Liquid Yellow 182
It was done at ProTyre in warwick, for my mk2 1.2.
Rear Axle
Camber- Left (-1°11) right (-1°08)
Toe- Left (0°05) Right (0°27) Total (0°32)

Front Axle
Camber- Left (-1°22) Right (-0°58)
Toe- Left (-0°08) Right (-0°06) Total (-0°14)

​all i want is my wheels straight with no toe or camber. I dont know how to read these results can anyone shed some light?

WRX
Is that how they left it? If you don't want any, then it all should read 0
Can't remember the tolerances but you have slight toe out at front which is within spec. Front left camber is a bit "iffy" and rear right toe is a bit high I think. Did you get a print out? Normally green = OK and red = out of range. You really want them equal either side. Seem very lazy figures TBH, it shouldn't be difficult to level them out unless something is broken. Didn't they recommend anything?

Liquid Yellow 182
Everything is in green, except for rear left toe is in red, and front left camber is in red. But the steering wheel is more to right but with this the car is going straight, if i get it centre the car goes to the left. What are the best results i should ask for for normal day to day driving? They said they cant adjust camber because i aint got camber bolts. But the steering is very dodgey and at high speed steering is super light (feels like im driving on ice)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
You WANT some camber and some toe, otherwise your car will handle like s**t, even if it is only a 1.2.

I went to warwick protyre on saturday, the guy at the desk was being a right c**t.

WRX
I would guess you've got something wrong suspension wise. Wheel bearing etc. or something's bent.

Liquid Yellow 182
Ive had a mechanic check my car over, only thing ive had done is put lowering springs in, might have hit a few potholes and that. But the mechanic checked for anything bent and nothing is.

WRX
Did protyre seriously just leave it like that without offering to sort it? I wouldn't leave or pay until both sides were equal. Unless a reasonable explanation was given.

Liquid Yellow 182
They said they are the correct results, i seen the before and after and the after were in green 2 things were in red but they said they cant sort camber.

WRX
Up to you if it seems okay but they're red for a reason, if your steering wheel's out too. I'd be getting a second opinion to check it over.

Liquid Yellow 182
Okay i will get it done, when i bought some camber bolts, cus i need to get camber sorted. You know any places i could get it done proper? I heard about ATS?

Renault clio 2005
I would suggest taking up golf or Gardening tbh If You worry about this stuff you are worrying to much about Things. If they have done the tracking trust them to have done a good job I don`t even look at the printouts when mine is done.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Warwick protyre are good if you get the scottish guy to align it and the cuntish fat darker skinned man isn't on the desk trying to rob you blind!

Liquid Yellow 182
Well i aint worrying about nothing, im only asking becuase my car is pulling all over the road. So maybe that bit on camber out is causing the problem

Renault clio 2005
Well i aint worrying about nothing, im only asking becuase my car is pulling all over the road. So maybe that bit on camber out is causing the problem

Have you checked tyre pressures? and have you checked inner tie rods. They can cause problems with Handling.

And please avoid ATS. In my own company's experience they lie about things and cannot do a job to a high standard in any way My personal experience was in Gillingham med way. Took car in for 4 new tyres and asked for new rear brake shoes. This was all done with a large bill for maybe £450 car was fine after. But then a mate with a clio 182 looked over mine and I had 3 tyres and a different make tyre on left rear. They had charged for 4 continentals. I ended up with 3 continentals and a rim protector rear tyre. Car handled perfectly but was overcharged and lied to. On a positive note they did a great job on the rear brakes work very well now. :)

Last edited:
  Liquid Yellow 182
Good call on tyre pressure, not checked, and i have had a mechanic check everything over and he said its all good.

Liquid Yellow 182

BG 182

Try checking your track rods + ends for play? IMO if its wandering I doubt geometry is fully responsible.

Liquid Yellow 182
Everything has been checked over twice mate, and everything is fine, suspension, track rods, ball joints, lower arms etc. There all good. Only thing i can figure is the alignment

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Take it back, say its handling like s**t and get them to either fix it or tell you what is wrong.

Liquid Yellow 182
Yeaa i will do, was thinking about taking it somewere else. Ive just realised on the printout were it says car it has my reg but not the d4f engine

Cup In bits
Has your mechanic checked for wheels buckled, I doubt he has. That's a very common thing to throw out alignment when trying to set it.

Your front alignment isn't bad except the camber which shouldn't cause any wandering as its only a 3rd of a degree different. I bet they have set the steering with the wheels not quite straight and your back axle is pretty bent. You have half a degree of toe on one side and nothing on the other, that's never good.

As your sure the suspension is good I would get all wheels balanced and visually checked for buckles by a competent person. Buy camber bolts and go have the steering alignment set again, if its still got readings all over the place then adjust the rear axle with shims but atleast check the wheels for buckles as you will be pissing in the wind otherwise.

Liquid Yellow 182
When i had my wheels balanced, they guy had this machine that spins the wheel to see if it has any buckles and he said that they are all fine. I will get camber bolts and get that sorted :) thanks alot mate

Cup In bits
Its your drivers side rear that's off, it should be around what the left is at.

FYI there is a difference between balancing a wheel (like you said) and checking for buckles. Buckled wheels balance up but when some types of gauges are installed to set alignment it will obviously throw off the readings.

Liquid Yellow 182
Ahhh okay so how would i sort the toe out on drivers side so its like left? Shims? Ahh okay thats good to know

Cup In bits
Yes shims but I would do as I said above first as in reality it could just be slight buckles on wheels, worn wheel bearings and a multitude of other things throwing out the readings. You can adjust with shims when you know the car is driving straight and the alignment is in a good ball park.

Liquid Yellow 182
Okay sweet, i will take it to a place to check for buckles then get camber and steering wheel centred again. Thanks matey :)

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
FWIW, that front toe is fine. I believe factory settings are 7 minutes toe out

So if you have -8mins one side and -6 mins the other side, that would be -7 each side if you turned the steering wheel slightly - I suspect he just moved the steering slightly when doing up the lock nuts.

The only thing I'd have an immediate issue with there is the front camber - if you don't already have camber bolts, get some and get it at -1.5 degrees. That rear toe could give you some funky tyre wear, though.

It's well worth getting a second readout else where if you don't trust them.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Nothing really wrong with your front camber TBH.

Would be nice if it was slightly more event side to side but 1 to 1.5 degrees is a perfectly acceptable ballpark for a 1.2 daily.

I bet the pulling around is play in steering rack bushes or bottom arm bushes or track rods or rod ends etc.

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I didn't see it was a 1.2.

In which case, listen to Chip.

I had issues with my car pulling around, it was the combination of a buckled wheel and play in the inner and outer track rods on the same side.

Cup In bits
Or the rear wheel at a fecking 45 deg angle like I have said above lol, half a degree toe on one wheel will do that though.

Liquid Yellow 182
Nothing really wrong with your front camber TBH.

Would be nice if it was slightly more event side to side but 1 to 1.5 degrees is a perfectly acceptable ballpark for a 1.2 daily.

I bet the pulling around is play in steering rack bushes or bottom arm bushes or track rods or rod ends etc.

Ive had the Bottom arm bushes, track rods all checked over today. The steering rack bushes were replaced not long ago with new ones