ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

are turtle wax products any good?

G51 BEN
right im not in the know about all of the different kind of products, and i dont have any fancy machinery or anything like that to make my car look perfect.

but ive found an unopened turtle wax platinum bag in my room which has:
cockpit shine
car wax
car shampoo
wheel cleaner
glass cleaner

ive also bought some T-cut to try and bring out a bit more of the red in my motor.

will these do? or are you all gonna say to stay away from them etc?

Ahhhh, ahhhhh, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the "t" word, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

On a serious note Ben, the turtle wax products are just fine. Stay away from T-cut, it's good for taking out scratches in CDs and that's it.

Get some autoglym products from Halfords lad :) Super Resin Polish (SRP on here) is a great polish.

jamie

G51 BEN
ahhh good plan.
you seemed to scare me in the first post, i thought you had stubbed your toe.
so take the red T-cut back and get SRP?
i only got the T-cut to bring out a bit more of the redness in my motor as i always get the sneaking suspicion that my red is fading even though its probably not.

so stay away from t-cut?

Big time lad. The Ahhh's were me banging my head against the screen ;)

Get some Super Resin Polish lad :)

421 Cammed 172
If my red car was fading i'd rather use 1500 Grit wet and then G3 than T-Cut!

Put it that way!

Also try AG Paint Renovator??

G51 BEN
Big time lad. The Ahhh's were me banging my head against the screen ;)

Get some Super Resin Polish lad :)

dont bang your head mate, i know im not in the know, but im learning :)
well il take the t-cut back later then and get something else... if i still have my receipt somewhere.

cheers for the input and advice guys

G51 BEN
ahhhh right. so does the T-cu.... "bad product" do anything to the car or does it just not work?

It takes off a lot of layers of lacquer mate, so you use it a couple of times and it demolishes your paint.

120d M Sport
If you really reckon it is that faded...

SRP as Jamie recommended to you can actually restore faded paint quite well, so should be all you need. Just spend time working it really well into the paint for a few minutes with a decent applicator

Ask RussZS on here, he has a 50/50 shot of a faded red bonnet that he managed to restore just with SRP :)