ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are we Chavs

Yaris Hybrid

Who said chavscum was the leading authority on chavs? Its just some bloke(s) who have made a website for a laugh.

Chavs have been around for donkeys years.

40 years ago young town dwellers were dressing and having their hair in a way that at the time was considered scruffy, they were also blamed for crime. These people were also modifying cars and trying to make standard Minis look like Coopers and others just customising for the sake of it. Since then the clothing fashion has changed, the cars have changed, the mods have become more sophisticated and disposible incomes have increased but its still the same deal. Someone has just given it a new name - Chav.

The problem with young people these days is that they seem to think they invented all these cultures and trends when really their parents did the whole lot but it was just called something else back then. But hey it wouldnt be cool if the kids thought their parents had done it. So when Cliosport member X slams his car and fits some 17s he thinks he is the man - well sorry but my boring old father did that before he was born!

Toypop do you live in area with no chavs or summit?, i live in manchester so im surrounded by them, in fact im probably outnumbered by them, when u realise what a pain in the arse it is to folks like these living in your area even on your road.

I have 2 familys with chav offspring living on my road who have already started bad mouthing both their own and my parents and caused a load of problems for the decent people who live on my road, one of them is only 6 years old FFS and he has the guts and cheek to tell my mum to f**k off when she advices him on wearing a cycle helemt?!?!?!?

My local weatherspoons got burnt down by a chav who got denied entry cos he was underage.

Cant be arsed to list all the examples but trust me there are more, and my area is a pretty nice one aswell.

Nope chavs are worthless members of society who live of the money i pay to the government in the form of taxes, the only thing they deserve is a f**king good kicking as its the only thing they understand properly.

Lots of Alfas

^^I agree with that and not with toypop, being a chav if you change the looks of a standard car is ridiculous, people can personalise anything these days to ther personnal taste such as phones, houses, computers etc etc

rsturbo and a xr3i

Quote: Originally posted by Pug_fuct on 30 October 2004

Toypop do you live in area with no chavs or summit?, i live in manchester so im surrounded by them, in fact im probably outnumbered by them, when u realise what a pain in the arse it is to folks like these living in your area even on your road.

I have 2 familys with chav offspring living on my road who have already started bad mouthing both their own and my parents and caused a load of problems for the decent people who live on my road, one of them is only 6 years old FFS and he has the guts and cheek to tell my mum to f**k off when she advices him on wearing a cycle helemt?!?!?!?

My local weatherspoons got burnt down by a chav who got denied entry cos he was underage.

Cant be arsed to list all the examples but trust me there are more, and my area is a pretty nice one aswell.

Nope chavs are worthless members of society who live of the money i pay to the government in the form of taxes, the only thing they deserve is a f**king good kicking as its the only thing they understand properly.
whereabouts in manchester are u ??

Cheadle hulme just ouside chav capital of the world the dreaded stockport, lol.

U from manc aswell?
[Edited by Pug_fuct on 30 October 2004 at 9:30pm]

rsturbo and a xr3i

nah im from nr blackpool but my mum is from hazel grove stockport and now lives in radcliffe bury i was just been nosy :)

Lol fair enuff, if its any comfort hazel grove is fairly chavless at the mo but the virus spreads quick, youve seen outbeak?, well this is worse.

Got a couple of mates who live in St Annes actually, coincidence or wot, lol

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Toypop

Forum User

Titanium 182 Cup Packs

Cup pack eh? Well if thats different from a standard 182..eg modified that makes you a chav too! Or does modifications done by the manufacturers/dealers not count!?? PMSL Do you not realise how stupid your definition of a chav is?

Chavs arnt necessarily the wrong sort of people though.

I live near the local chav hotspot (assuming chav means young people wearing basball caps and drive old/cheap cars with loads of tacky mods worth more than the standard cars or scooters), but although there realy polite and decient enough people on the whole. Ok some of them have a problem that driving at high revs though the village at 2am with a straight out exhaust is ok in there mind but as people themselves there decient enough.

rsturbo and a xr3i

Quote: Originally posted by Pug_fuct on 30 October 2004

Lol fair enuff, if its any comfort hazel grove is fairly chavless at the mo but the virus spreads quick, youve seen outbeak?, well this is worse.

Got a couple of mates who live in St Annes actually, coincidence or wot, lol
who are your mates lol cause i live in stannes

Right theres a few

Rob Small (his dads the local MP)

Darren Chappell

Terry Mercer (tez)

Richard Southworth

Skin (dont know proper name)

A guy called chinky (only met him once, dunno wot his proper name is)

Andrew Mitchum (i only know this guy he aint a mate)

rsturbo and a xr3i

nah cant say i know them and its only a small town lol i do no a lot of ppl in it but not them what cars do they drive lol ;)

Rob drives a pink 1.0 metro, darren drives a polo with kitzbuhl written on the back and his brother has a black type r civic, and they all used to wotk in a bar called JDs i think.

The rest cant drive.

tuning and modding your car does not make you a chav! However having a gay little 1.2 with neon lights stuck on the front so you can see the elemant and lowering springs that make it as low as a snakes arse, with your sh*tty back box on and driving round with sh*t music on waking people up at 12 oclock at night does make you a CHAV. A bleedin big one.

P.S. You have to where Burberry, Lacost or some w**k like that with a baseball cap on sideways, tracky bottoms tucked in your sox with nike shocks or rockports on.

Quote: Originally posted by Scott + Zo on 30 October 2004

tuning and modding your car does not make you a chav! However having a gay little 1.2 with neon lights stuck on the front so you can see the elemant and lowering springs that make it as low as a snakes arse, with your sh*tty back box on and driving round with sh*t music on waking people up at 12 oclock at night does make you a CHAV. A bleedin big one.

P.S. You have to where Burberry, Lacost or some w**k like that with a baseball cap on sideways, tracky bottoms tucked in your sox with nike shocks or rockports on.
Ok, so does me having a "gay little 1.2" and lowered make me a chav? Ok so i dont have the neon lights, the back box n they sh*tty tunes....so am i a half chav?

Quote: Originally posted by BabyClio on 30 October 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Scott + Zo on 30 October 2004

Ok, so does me having a "gay little 1.2" and lowered make me a chav? Ok so i dont have the neon lights, the back box n they sh*tty tunes....so am i a half chav?
Nope, your ok there m8, nowt to worry about

[Edited by Pug_fuct on 31 October 2004 at 12:10am]

Clio Sport 172

I think your opinion or a chav is best kept to yourself mate as 99% of people on here have a mod of sum sort and i dont think they take to kindly to being called a chav!

just because you have your 182 that needs no mods really (apart from a induction kit ;)) it looks like your trying to seperate yourself from the genuine people of this forum.

thats my opinion and thats all i have to say :)

Steve

Yaris Hybrid

I was once a Chav. I had a Mini 1000 which I totally modified although in fairness it looked a lot more classy than all this lexus lights crap you see nowadays.

After I sold the Mini due to insurance issues and emissions test issues (and realised how much money I lost by modding) I decided to keep all my future cars as standard. I figured it was easier and cheaper to buy a car that didnt need modding in the first place.

So I am a Chav no more.

When I was a Chav I certainly wasnt ashamed or offended about being associated with car modders and the like. If other people didnt like what I was doing then that was their opinion to which they were entitled but that didnt mean I had to take any notice of it.

All you Chavs should lighten up and be proud of what you are.

Seems everyone is arguing over a prefix. There is no such thing as a chav, only a nickname for wan*ers, townies or dic*heads. The media got hold of it and made it into a big deal. End of the day there are idiots everywhere, doing everything everone else does, just in a poor mannor. You cant say that modifying a car makes you a chav, its just way too vauge. Its like saying if you have a hat your a wa*ker.

And leave the clothing manufacturers out of this, i personally own various burberry etc clothes! Just that the cherqured stuff has been adopted by scumbags from the market, doubt if they have ever even seen a real burberry piece of clothing, which are pretty expensive and very stylish in most cases!

MrB

LY 200

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 31 October 2004

I was once a Chav. I had a Mini 1000 which I totally modified although in fairness it looked a lot more classy than all this lexus lights crap you see nowadays.

After I sold the Mini due to insurance issues and emissions test issues (and realised how much money I lost by modding) I decided to keep all my future cars as standard. I figured it was easier and cheaper to buy a car that didnt need modding in the first place.

So I am a Chav no more.

When I was a Chav I certainly wasnt ashamed or offended about being associated with car modders and the like. If other people didnt like what I was doing then that was their opinion to which they were entitled but that didnt mean I had to take any notice of it.

Lets all listen to Toypop as he knows best!!

Hes been there done that before and we should all listen to him as him being the 0.1% of people that deffines Chav as he does makes him right above the other 99.9%!!

Mate your lost in your own little world here!!

Get yourself a Jag mate!! You sound far too old to be driving a 182!!

Clio Sport 172

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 31 October 2004

So I am a Chav no more.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1099239196__1097590842__whocares.jpg

Yaris Hybrid

Look I didnt ask the original question! Whats more the question "are we Chavs?" is being asked on a website dedicated to cars and in particular "Clio Discussion".

This conversation is not taking place in Off Topic in case you all hadnt noticed! :)

So I assume from the context that the question is being asked in reference to a specific area of Chav culture - that of their cars. We are not talking about Burberry and all that, if we are then a mod should move this conversation to Off Topic as clothing has nothing to do with Clios!

So from a car point of view are many members of Cliosport chavs? Well look at the sort of cars Chavs drive. Lexus lights, lowered, extra large rims, aftermarket skirts/spoilers, 1.2s made out to look like much larger quicker models etc etc.

A quick look through Media - Pics and Video reveals that half of you are guilty as charged!!!!!!!!!

Who has a 182? I never said modding a 1.2 was bad, i used to have one, but if you read my post and you have done things i mentioned, withought touching your engine, i beleive you to be a chav. As far as i am concerned you cant really modify your car inless you are going to make it look good and be quicker. The mods i mentioned are tacky.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Nick Read on 29 October 2004

No no youve all got it wrong...a chav wouldnt even own a car. Thats just a dream to a chav. No, the only realistic prospect of private transport that a chav has is a SCOOTER.

Anyone who is under 20 and rides a scooter should be locked up automatically. My opinion is either get the bus or walk. THere is no excuse for hanging around in a tracksuit with your helmet pushed up over your forehead, revving your scooter up that sounds like a very loud irritating wasp.
So Chavs are just Mods brought up to date!

Yaris Hybrid

No shame in only being able to afford a scooter.

I have more respect for someone who saved up and paid for their scooter than I have for someone who is driving a 182 that mummy and daddy helped them pay for and/or insure.

I have to say i agree with telford about the scooters coz they are a pain in the arse, however toypop has a good point too. At least scooter riders that have bought there own veichle have bought what they can afford.

Jees this thread has become a gang up on Toypop!

I bet most the people posting in this thread would never have said this sort of stuff face to face! Probably not even via PM!

And Im amazed at the amount of people who cant spell or use punctuation properly, shows a certain standard really.

Its about time everyone tried to use the chav thing less; its becoming a pain!

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 29 October 2004

Read my posting at 13:02. In particular consider carefully your statement about making a car look "different".

Also if the handling and ride quality are now worse than standard trim then you you have made a cosmetic mod that has compromised performance and if that aint the definition of a chav then I dunno what is!

Cheers

I couldnt be arsed to read all this drivvle, so sorry if its has been said but...........................

HAHA so are you a Chav??

According to you, you are!!

You have a 182 with the CUP packs which is a asthetic modification and not 100% standard.

Muppet:p

Yaris Hybrid

The 182 Cup packs are not purely aesthetic?

Ok the spoilers are complete BS I know that, I had them cos it will make the car easier to sell on afterwards.

The suspension is genuine tho.

BMW 320d Sport

Toypop, seeing as youre the main one calling everyone chavs, Ill address this to you. It sounds like you havent the faintest idea of what a chav is. Everyone else on here does, which is why they take offence at you calling them a chav. Look back at your arguments saying people shouldnt mind being called chavs, but this time substitute instead of chav the word c**t. How do you think everyone would like it if you went round telling them they were c**ts because they drive slightly modified cars, but it doesnt matter, they should just accept that they are c**ts? The fact is you are talking out of your arse, you obviously havent experienced real chavs, which is why you think its ok to call people chavs when theyre not.

Everytime I see a group of youths hanging around wearing Nickelson, Burberry, Nike hats with the back bit done up really tight so the peak sticks straight up, trackies tucked into their socks, white Reeboks etc, in fact anything bought from the front three racks at JD Sports, they are definitely chavs. Dont make out as if were all old folks who look down on the youth of today....I was that age once, and the chav look is simply the bad boy look from the rave days of the late eighties/early 90s but with the crucial addition of loads of cheap gold chain and sovereign rings from Elizabeth Duke. However its not JUST how they dress, its also behaviour as well. Essential street moves to watch out for from chavs are spitting on the ground, smoking fags, sniffing and not speaking clearly. If you had ever been near any real chavs you would recognise this straight away.

Modifying a car, or not modifying it, or even owning a car, are completely irrelevant to a true chav. A chav is not the same as a boy racer, nor a modder or tuner. Any genuine chav would not spend their money on their car, unless they were very cheap mods e.g. coloured windscreen wiper boots, fake trapped hands, Motorsport sunstrip etc. The majority of their money goes on jewellery, clothes.

Hi, im new to the forum but have been on the RSC forum for ages, but reading this topic made me join just to say my bit so I have been reading this topic and i gotta say why is Toypop groupin people as chavs and so on, to be honest why do people have to be in a f**king group.

Right i like gold so i buy gold, i like wearing sports clothes so i buy em cause there comfortable, i have been wearing caps for f**king years, i like haveing my 1.2 clio modified cause im interested in modfiying but i carnt buy i a bigger engine till im older so i have to do with wot i got. Oh and i had a scooter as well when i was 16 so did all my mates we had loads of fun on em to, but we didnt do any of that go to crusies and act like dicks sh*t, you can have a scooter and not do that you know.

All this does not mean im a chav, im a decent respectable bloke never nicked anything, dont hang around on street corners like a c**t, work hard for my money to buy the stuff im interested in, im at uni getting an education to make a better future for my self. So i dont see how people can get put in a group just because the press have made a big thing about little sh*ts who dont desvere all this fuss and attention cause they are f**king scum.

Just pisses me of to be put in a stupid group, and i had to get it off my chest, hope i got some points across. Toypop your gonna think im one of the biggest chavs i guess cause i fit into your idea of a chav but just to let you know you dont have to be a chav to like certain stuff.