ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are you safe

182, GTR, C63

Ok who in here is a safe driver? wots that i hear you all are......... no suprise there.

Do you consider youself safe? do you only speed when conditions are safe to do so? a lot of people say this and it winds me up. I have in the past said i drive slow and carefull and only speed when it is safe(but was probably lieing). I agree there are times when its safer than others but still speeding is mostly dangerous.

No i am not against speeding at all. i personnaly cant undertand why we get points for it. I wudnt mind a 60 quid fine here and there but i wudnt like any points.

So go on admit that you drive dangerously because i know most of you do theres no shame. I dont take risks but 115mph in a 60 is a risk however you look at it. You cant critisize me though can you unless you always stick to the speed limit.

Confessions: i confess to killing 6 pigeons and 2 little birds. Also admit to driving at 90mph in a 30, 105mph in a 40 and 115mph in a 50, 115 in a 60, 130+ in 70. So ive said it thats what i have done and im not proud of it and t wasnt safe but you cannot critizize am i right??

182, GTR, C63

I would also like to add that I do drive to roughly the speed limit in the day but mainly because im scared of getting knicked not hurting anyone. I worry so much about if theres a speed camera round the next corner i probably dont consentrate as much as i should on the road and pedestrians. I bet theres a lot of people like that but not sure if anyone will admit.

While im confessing stuff about my driving that is bad and shudnt do i admit to never letting women out of junctions as they f*ck about and drive crap mostly. I only let them out if they are extremely fit. Im in a f*cked off mood and felt like confessing my driving sins.

Rant over (almost)

Da

Less

Quote: Originally posted by DoddCup on 17 July 2004

While im confessing stuff about my driving that is bad and shudnt do i admit to never letting women out of junctions as they f*ck about and drive crap mostly. I only let them out if they are extremely fit. Im in a f*cked off mood and felt like confessing my driving sins.

Rant over (almost)
get ready for the onslaught... :eek:

182, GTR, C63

I like a good descusion/sl*ggin DazDaMan I will just add i have seen women who can drive and belive in rare circumstances you might even see 1 so im not ironing out the possibility just in general they seem to mess about at junctions when i could have pulled out 4 times and seem more interested checking hair and makeup in mirrors than gettin on with it. Ill give them one thing they are less lickely to have a bad accident and are much calmer in road rage death duels that any men. But you see there dints from hitting parked cars ect its just a lack of skill.

182, GTR, C63

Im just gonna cover my back again as im a lot less safe than most women on the road and can drive like a prick but 70% of the time i try to drive safely. I can drive and like to think i use skill whilst doing so. Anyone who points out im a steriotypical cup owner i remind you all my bad driving comes from my white van man driving :p.

don't

i am safe sumtimes but i speed fairly often aswel, and sumtimes its not safe, u can never b 100% safe as there is always the chance that something could go wrong

90mph in a 30 is a lil much, ok ive prob done 60-70 more than once but thatll b my lot, also i find old ppl more anoying rather than just women

how u manage 2 kill that many pigeons/birds, did u aim 4 them?

i killed a moth the otha day but thats my lot, it got stuck in my windscreen wiper 4 a week :(

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

I tend to kill about 6,000 greenfly a week...well, thats how it looks...and Ive hit a sheep on my way over to Sheffield (Although I will admit that it was already dead, as some trucker must have run over it and left it) it was a late night, on a country road, and I was doing 60-65 in a NSA area...so I wasnt responsible for the death of the sheep, but I was mighty annoyed that the person who hit it didnt remove it from the road, my poor old pug!

111s

30 limits, usually abide by them occassionally creep up to 40.

Dual carriageways... open season! Anywhere between 0 and 140 obviously depending on traffic and the time of day.

Theres a time and a place.

Quote: Originally posted by DARKO on 17 July 2004

30 limits, usually abide by them occassionally creep up to 40.

Dual carriageways... open season! Anywhere between 0 and 140 obviously depending on traffic and the time of day.

Theres a time and a place.

The time is anytime

The place is ON A RACETRACK....SPEED KILLS when on the roads amongst other drivers:mad:

182, GTR, C63

Im not saying it isnt dangerous im saying that people still do it anyway. How many people bought a car on here for how safe it is rather than how fast it goes?

Quote: Originally posted by DARKO on 17 July 2004

RED CLIO 52= HYPOCRITE... because youve never done any speeding.:eek:
Not a hypocrite.... Just concerned about the number of people that post on this forum boasting about their speeding.

All I said is that speed should be kept for Trackdays and not PUBLIC highways.

I object to you becoming personal and calling me a hypocrite, wind your neck back in before you break it:cry:

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Red Clio 52 on 17 July 2004
Quote: Originally posted by DARKO on 17 July 2004 RED CLIO 52= HYPOCRITE... because youve never done any speeding.:eek:[/QUOTE]Not a hypocrite.... Just concerned about the number of people that post on this forum boasting about their speeding. All I said is that speed should be kept for Trackdays and not PUBLIC highways.I object to you becoming personal and calling me a hypocrite, wind your neck back in before you break it:cry:

Think its ok 2 go faster when conditions allow.
Red clio 52 dont get high and mighty. Im sure youve gone over the limit at some point ;)

BMW 328 Ci

I will never go over 35ish in 30s or 50 in 40s. I would consider myself a calm driver. I dont bother overtaking unless doing under 45 or so in a 60 as it is often pointless (you get stuck behind someone else 2 minutes later) and i know the limit of my 1.2 engine. I also dont start getting all agressive when someone wont get out the way. As a car enthusiast i do like to give it a thrash now and then but these are never sustained, on the limit or at other road users expense.

dfdf

90 in a 30 zone is downright stupid! In fact doing treble the speed limit anywhere, anytime on public roads is nuts! Though from the sounds of your attitude me telling you this isnt going to make any difference :cry:

111s

RED CLIO 52 have you ever broken a speed limit? Please answer.

Do not tell me to wind my neck in, in case you hadnt noticed this is a DISCUSSION forum. So without discussion there wouldnt be a forum.

As for people boasting... i have nothing to prove to anyone on here, least of all to yourself. I was merely making a statement, as were you when you said about me breaking my neck (How nice, thankyou)

As silvagti said i do not agree with people doing 90 in a 30. This is obviously dangerous, but doing 90 in a 70, on a dual carriage when you can see for 2 miles in front of you is relatively less dangerous. Would you not agree?

Just my thoughts on this, 90 in a 30 isnt always so crazy a duel carriageway not near a residential area with 2 miles visability can be classed as a 30 limit, then its more a case of the road being poorly classified then the driver being dangerous. However if you talking about a 30 near a school/residential area then yes you are being an idiot.

IMO the police or the government should seriously look at the speed rating of roads as many are inappropriate (including being too high in some cases), but they dont seem interested in saving lives/creating safer driving conditions, just raking in money.

BTW I do admit to speeding and would also argue most of the time i am driving safely, i find the most dangerous thing other drivers, who may pull out on you at slow speed, move with no indication or pull other stupid moves.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Hmm well im guilty of typically going 10mph over the limit, often. i consider myslef safe because i do try to stick to the limit at the best of times but often find myself speeding. on the motorways i often speed. however if im tired or theres poor road conditions/weather conditions i do stick to the limits.

Nissan Jewk

im guilty of speeding, no denying it, going court for it next month as a result... that taught me a huge lesson! But in terms of general safetyness/awareness, being a motorbike rider has changed my driving style dramatically, much for the better

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

I used to tear up the roads but when u write a car off and get points it makes u slow down!

i will admit to giving the car engine a good clean out every now and then , but only when im in it and no passengers onboard. I always try to keep it to speed limit in 30, 40 mph zones , but when on open roads and duel carraige ways its like darko says its open season. Maybe if this goverment got its act together and took a leaf out of the germans and had decent speed limits on major routes then things would be a lot different. Besides how many bmws and mercs do you not see in the inside lane on a motorway? none.

VW Potato

as I only drive four mile to work and back, I dont get much chance to be anything but safe. I think if youre courteous, level headed, observant and always anticipating what might happen when youre driving, then you are safe. Speed is another factor - it is not the sole factor that determines if you are safe or not.

At the weekends, I do drive fast though to my folks. Not so much beyond the cars limits or mine, but with progressive steering, braking, appropriate acceleration relative to road surface, weather etc. Am I safe? No idea - come drive with me and you be the judge of it. That said, most of my family and friends comment that my driving makes them feel safe.

g