ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Argh! Please help me on an issue with the gears...

172 SPORT PH2
So its being a problem for a while...

The problem being.. when im comming down from 5th, to 4th, it sort it sticks, then like a clunky type feeling when going into gear, some times its really smooth going into gears, some times its difficult and it does a clunky feel going into gear ..

It happens at any speed, but is happening most when im comming down from 50 mph, braking, and selecting 4th gear, to 3rd etc...

Its also a problem when going into 5th gear, it will like when i move it across to 5th ( > ) it like sticks, then it goes in ..

+ IS THIS A PROBLEM WITH THE CLUTCH

+ THE CLUTCH CABLE

+ THE GEARBOX

+ THE LINKAGE * I think its this *

Has anyone had this problem , ive also sprayed all the links that connect to the gearbox, all that mechanically move etc...

Any help will be soooo much appreciated!?

172 SPORT PH2
the mounts that connect to the gearbox ? im not sure what im looking for / how to see if there worn ? like i said i have blasted all moving parts with wd40 to give it that extra boost ???

I also think mounts, I've just bought a new set hoping it's this tbh feels like my engine moves far to much anyway and selecting gears especially at high revs its like hitting a metal bar or something feels like it gets in the way then it goes in afetr a while.

Someone else was complaining about sticking, creaking gears. Their solution was to re-grease the gear linkage. To be honest though the gearbox isn't the Clio's strong point and I sometimes have issues with gear selection now and then.

Megane Trophy, Golf
the mounts that connect to the gearbox ? im not sure what im looking for / how to see if there worn ? like i said i have blasted all moving parts with wd40 to give it that extra boost ???

Dude try not to spray WD40 on rubber bits as it breaks it down over time!

Worn engine or gearbox mounts can have an effect on the gear change, try moving the engine around and see if it feels loose, and visually check all mounts including the one under your battery! ;)

172 SPORT PH2
ill see if that sorts it, ill most prob have a look 2mor! its just annoying, cause it happend today, uzsually when im comming down from gears, it will get stuck, or wont go in, ill have to force it in, or come off my cluth, and press down on the clutch pedal again, then it will go into gear?

172 SPORT PH2
im thinking of just getting a new car now.. had enough of this... also my immobiliser is playing up!! looking at a corsa VXR....

Or helllpp.. on this problem.. arghhhhhh

i gunked all the joints up etc, no difference, it does it when comming down the gears, doesnt do it, rarely when going into them, just when im going down the gears... ?